Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gaming pc

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 frade

frade

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:46 PM

Hey guys

Im looking to buy a new computer, mainly for gaming but I dont know much about computers.

First off, desktop or laptop? if laptops advantages are only to be mobile, i would much rather go with desktop cause i dont rarely take my computer out.

Second, should i buy a fully geared computer or should i buy the parts and assemble it myself? advantages and disavantages

Also, my main game is counter strike:go. What prices im looking at for running the game smoothly?

Thanks in advance

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Javrak

Javrak

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:09 PM

The only real advantage of a laptop is mobility. The price points for similar performance laptop to desktop is massive, and obviously you can shave a lot of dollars if you build your own machine. Not sure the recommended specs for CS:GO, but I'd wager you can build something that will run it smoothly for around 500, before factoring in a monitor. The next bit is how much real world performance per dollar, how much future proofing, and how durable do you want it to be. You can shave money from the price by going with cheaper manufactured parts, but they are just that. There are various system builds that are price conscious around the net, match those up to the recommended specs of CS:GO and go from there. If I have more time I might do the groundwork for you.

#3 frade

frade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:33 PM

thanks a lot man, i ll look into it

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 06:07 AM

You can get more computer if you go with a desktop over a laptop.  I only recommend laptops for people who require the mobility.

As to the build or buy question it all depends on how comfortable you are with building it yourself.  If you're not comfortable I'd recommend buying.

If you're going for price buying is a better option since you can't get the discounts the manufacturers can get.  The cost of Windows alone is over $100.  I don't build to save money.  I build to have upgrade options and to be able to pick the exact parts I want.

#5 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:54 PM

Assemble it yourself. It is possible to get NON CRACKED, LEGITIMATE Windows 7 codes for $8-20. Here will run you CS-GO on Ultra and pretty much anything else you throw it for as cheap as possible. What is your budget?

I tried to make it look totally B.A and I think I succeeded. The motherboard is yellow and black, not red and black.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  ($99.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Biostar TA970 ATX AM3+ Motherboard  ($61.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($63.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($52.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 270X 2GB HAWK Video Card  ($164.99 @ Newegg)
Case: DIYPC Mirage-D1-Y ATX Mid Tower Case  ($47.78 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($42.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Other: Microsoft Software Swap on Reddit ($10.00)
Total: $529.21
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-26 18:53 EDT-0400

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users