Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

other kinds of ISO's used as live disks

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,059 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

What other things and types of ISO's can be found as used, other than the iso's burnable to CD's and DVD's to be used as live disks?  I already aware of live disks for different linuxes.  I'm interested to know about other ISO uses and types.

Edited by cafejose, 06 April 2015 - 02:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:31 PM

I only know of rescue disks from certain AV vendors i.e. Kaspersky Rescue Disk. That is the other use of bootable isos apart from live Linux CDs that I'm aware of.

(actually the rescue disks themselves are deviations of Linux too, with integrated AV scanning engines)

#3 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

I have PartedMagic on a USB stick, very useful! https://partedmagic.com/ ($9 for latest, $49 for 1 yr subscription ie: new builds etc)

Last Free Version (8/2013, MajorGeeks): http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/parted_magic.html

Edited by Union_Thug, 07 April 2015 - 11:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users