Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installing Office 2010 on a PC that is running Windows 7 and Office 2003

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

My PC OS is Windows 7 Pro and I am using Office 2003

I want to install Office 2010 on it.

I don't want two Office programs but I do want to keep My Doc's etc in the new Office 2010.

What is the procedure? 

fred93

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

Hi fred93 :)

The documents you created with Office programs aren't related to it. You can simply uninstall Microsoft Office 2003, and install Office 2010 and you'll be able to use them again. Simple as that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Guest_TheSuperGeek_*

Guest_TheSuperGeek_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

This is not a big problem but Microsoft Office 2010 ask if you want to keep in older format or if you want to change to new xlm format.(doc to docx, ppt to pptx, xls to xlsx)

#4 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:08 PM

This is not a big problem but Microsoft Office 2010 ask if you want to keep in older format or if you want to change to new xlm format.(doc to docx, ppt to pptx, xls to xlsx)

So how do I answer that question? I don't even know what those formats are! Are they asking that just for my present files or for all files--past and future?

#5 Guest_TheSuperGeek_*

Guest_TheSuperGeek_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:20 PM

They're just askingif you want to upgrade your file format or not when you open an old file.

It's not important for common users. They add very specific feature (like some macro in exel) but just the expert use that function.

If you have any other questions : just ask !

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:57 PM

fred, you won't have to convert your files to newer format of Office unless you open them and save them. THEN it'll notify you of the extension change and if you're sure of your choice. Simple as that.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for your help--I'll see if I can work through the process. If I have questions I'll be back!

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,539 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

No problem :) It's really simple. Uninstall Office 2003, install Office 2010, and you're done.

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users