Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I REALLY NEED HELP

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swanndog

swanndog

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:46 AM

Hi

This is my first time on this forum and I really need some help.

I have a problem with my PC which I cannot solve.

I am running Windows XP Pro
I have a hardware frewall built into my router
I use Norton Corporate
and also have Adaware SE

I have run Norton keeps bringing up Trojan Horses and Trojan Harrassers and quarantining them. and Adaware keeps bringin up between 6 and 20 critial bugs every time I run it.

What is happening is evey time I run IE it closes down with an error, then changes the home page to http://oml.net/cart. I change the homepage back and it then close it down with another error and when u look in the internet options the homepage address has changed again.

If I try and go into my temp intent files or system 32 file windows explorer closes down with an error. and the same with outlook too. The light on my router is always flashing like info is passing through and my computer is slow as bleep.

Before this happened I had problems where for no apparnet reason I would be trnasferred to filth. Example was when I clicked on Sky Sports 2 homepage for an matche report the toehr day I got transferred to filth.

Can anyone help me cos short of formatting my whole drive and starting again I am clean out of ideas.

Waiting with hope

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 29 November 2004 - 07:50 AM

Download the latest version of HijackThis (HJT), from here.

Put HijackThis in a Permanent folder:
Click My Computer / C: / File / New / Folder / name the folder; HijackThis
Put HijackThis.exe, in this folder.
This is a mandatory step, for the backup and restore functions, of HijackThis, to be able to work.

Read the pinned post in the HJT forum, here
Follow the directions, EXACTLY! This is important!

Then, run a log, and post it in the HJT forum here. Do not, fix anything, yet.
A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.
Please, be patient, these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 swanndog

swanndog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 07:12 AM

I did what the Instructions said but the program wouldn't work it just kept flaggin up errors?

Any other ideas?

:thumbsup:

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 10:03 AM

What errors are you getting?
Post error messages "word for word".
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 travelman1

travelman1

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 02 December 2004 - 03:53 PM

Hi all.
I am having a problem with sending a reply they seem to be sent as e_mails and the postmaster is returning them I know I am only allowed I emal per subject so how do I send a MESSAGE properly please
Travelman :thumbsup:

Edited by travelman1, 02 December 2004 - 04:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users