Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Network problems including time outs, slowing down and others

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pendraggon

Pendraggon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:00 AM

Hi.

For awhile now my internet has been acting really stupid.

Oftentimes, I notice that everything that relates to loading a web-page on my computer grinds to a halt, what will happen is that I will try and load a webpage, and it simply does not load until later. If I try to load all my webpages at once, they will all begin and finish loading at the exact same time. This is really really annoying and I have tried nothing more than changing my DNS back and forth on my computer (not my router) to see if it would change anything, It didn't. I believe this problem is exclusive to my computer because I try loading up webpages on my mobile devices and this problem is not present.

Additionally, the router often loses connectivity to the internet and we have to pull the power and plug it back in manually in order to get it working. This is also pretty annoying.

Another problem I have been getting recently is that my internet speed is just agonizingly slow in general. My router is capable of reaching up to 2 mb/s yet still I am connected to my modem and router in one by Ethernet cable and it is still slow. The problem is because I have another big internet user in the house who is connected via Wi-Fi to their laptop, they often watch Youtube and download video-games off of Steam. Despite this, the router seems to be giving the laptop more internet bandwidth while I am stuck with sub-200 kb/s speeds and it will not let up for the rest of the day, even when I am using it in situations which would require more bandwidth that the router doesn't seem to be giving me. I even tried to test turning off the laptop's Wi-Fi but my main computer was still getting very slow internet. If there is a solution on how to properly manage bandwidth or any other solution beyond not using the laptop, that would be great.

Finally, just tonight I received time-outs when I loaded any webpages. This has since been fixed by resetting my router by pulling the power and putting it back in but I am anxious if this is a part of the problem somehow.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users