Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo Y510 won't boot

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 chosenpixel

chosenpixel

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

Hey friends! I bought my lenovo Y510P almost now a year ago and I have windows 8 64 bit preinstalled on it. Today it gave me a blue screen out of no where (I was messing with the Virtual box before it did - if this detail is going to help) and it got stuck at 100% on repairing. So I turned it off by pressing the power button for couple seconds. After that it tried getting into repairing state couple times but kept giving blue screens and restarting and trying again. I shut it down again and now, it won't even boot, the key set lights up for 1 sec, it gives a single beep sound and then it closes.I can get to safe boot or any bios settings. I tried the recovery button but the same thing happens... I really need help guys, would appreciate any possible solutions

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:22 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:35 AM

Welcome,

Do you have the installation disks and can you boot from one of them?

Or did you follow the recommendation to make a rescue disk which you can boot from?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 chosenpixel

chosenpixel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hello! First of all thanks for replying! I don't have an installation disk but the problem is eve if I did I wouldn't be able to reinstall because it doesn't give me any options at all. When I try to turn it on it just lights up beeps and then turns itself off.I can't interact with it

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,002 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

When Windows 8 shuts down, it is not a true shutdown. It is a hybrid shutdown that allows a fast boot up. See if you can get to the troubleshooting screen doing the following. Since your computer shuts down almost immediately, Hold the power button to power on and then press the power button to turn off before the computer beeps and shuts down.

1. Hold the Power Button for 5 seconds or until the computer completely shuts off.
  2. Press the Power Button to turn the computer on.
  3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
  4. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times until you see the Preparing Automatic Repair screen.
  5. Let the computer boot to the Automatic Repair screen.
  6. Click Advanced Options, and then select Troubleshoot.

#5 chosenpixel

chosenpixel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:49 AM

Hey John! Thanks for the reply! The thing is it turns itself off so fast I can't even close it before it does it itself. So I couldn't get to the rotating circle screen. Lighting up and beeping and turning off all in total takes about 1-2 seconds

#6 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

If you are still under warranty, use it !

I'm thinking something on the motherboard has died and it's going to be an expensive repair.

Dick

Dick E

#7 chosenpixel

chosenpixel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:40 PM

Alright! Thank you everyone for your support :)

#8 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,196 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

Keep us posted

Dick

Dick E