Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron 6000 won't boot up completely

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jspeacock

jspeacock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:05 PM

My laptop won't boot up completely. I booted up yesterday and it did the same thing - only loaded 7 items but not the rest - most importantly the network connection so I can get on the Internet with wifi. I am away on vacation and will need this during this week for work. I rebooted a 2nd time and it was fine. The same thing happened today but I have rebooted 5 or 6 times but it only loads the save 7 items: kaspersky, Google drive, snippy, touch pad, task bar shuffle, volume and safely remove hardware,

I tried to go to control panel and look at the network connections but it won't open. I tried to go to add and remove programs to remove malware bytes because it was booting up every time I booted up and it was slowing everything down plus it was annoying so I wanted to delete it but add and remove programs won't open either.

Now what? Please advise!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jspeacock

jspeacock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:13 PM

Never mind - I got it figured out.  Don't waste any time on this!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

I'm glad you worked out the solution. Any chance you could share it witht the rest of us ?  Even a brief description might help someone else facing the same problem.

Chris cosgrove

#4 judyjht

judyjht

• Members
  • 799 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 02:25 PM

Actually, the company that provides me with my computer access etc has a deal where for a small fee they will take over your computer and fix whatever you need so I did that.  They are great to work with and cheap and I trust them working on my computer. 

The Malwarebytes was bogging it down and would start up on its own which was annoying and slowed everything down while it was running so when I need it I can download it again.  He also said the service at this place were are staying for vacation is really terrible so that was an issue too.  He also removed another program that was trash - I remember downloading it but I don't remember the name of it or why I thought I needed it!  :-)  He also removed some add ons that I don't need and updated my startup menu - he said I don't need all those thing on startup because I have them when I need them but don't need the 24/7.

I originally started this thread with another name because I am away and could not remember my sign in - now I got that all straightened out - so I am back using my usual login.   Love BC   thanks for asking.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users