Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tried All I can think of - Still infected!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Willyam

Willyam

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:08 PM

Recently (about a week and a half ago) i was downloading a program and it installed a virus onto my computer. No big deal, I ran avast and deleted the program and anything that it might have downloaded. However, i continued to get problems with my internet browser (chrome.) 

A list of the things that it does:

Brings up a random spam page whenever clicking ANYTHING within the browser.

Has replaced my home screen when starting the browser. (Have checked settings, everything is as it should)

This is across all browsers i have tried on the computer. Chrome, IE, even my Steam browser. However, it is only on that computer, my laptop which is on the same Gmail account is perfectly fine. 

Like i said, I ran avast, it didn't find anything. Windows Firewall is on and working, I just don't know what to do. Someone please help, tell me what to do!!

Another thing to mention: i can by no means afford a check up, or any hardware reset. I'm hoping I may find some sort of program that could remove this virus, or whatever it is. 

Thanks in advance,

William

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Taylor179

Taylor179

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hello Willyam,

It sounds like you may have been infected with a form of Adware, there are a few things you can do to get rid of this. The first I would recommend is the program ADWCleaner. It usually takes care of browser hijackers like the one you described and should get the job done. I would also recommend running a scan with MalwareBytes while you're at it.

Give those a try and let us know how it goes.

Best of Luck,

Taylor

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:21 PM

If you run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes, post the longs in a reply. One of our malware removal helpers will review them and if needed will recommend other tools to run.

#4 Willyam

Willyam
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:43 PM

If you run ADWCleaner and Malwarebytes, post the longs in a reply. One of our malware removal helpers will review them and if needed will recommend other tools to run.

Can you tell me where to find these post-restart? Both helped, but didn't completely remove the virus(s).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users