This particuar computer = windows 8 lenovo laptop
Something has been up with the computers in my network. I don't know exactly what it is that has been causing these problems, which is why I'm here.
Misc issues include:
- Password protected files that can't be scanned via anti virus programs (currently using avast)
- Syswow64 folder on all computers (that i've checked, so like 4)
- Security center won't turn on (on the four)
- Permissions are skewed / as well as inheritable permissions
- The majority of the computers have the "recycler virus" / s-1-21 500/1000
- Registry issues / changes I did not complete
- Slow connection speed via wifi
- Multiple svchost.exe run on start up / dll32 / etc ----> often times taking up 100% disk space (local)
- Ghost audio from time to time on laptop
- Norton power eraser won't run on one of the laptops while in avast's "safe mode/sandbox"
(the above computer also had 100+ outdated windows security/defender updates, granted that was after doing a factory reset)
-found misc .txt files stating "computer will run as normal and users will have access to almost all applications" as if it was code for a virus/malware program
- has multiple nt user files I did not create
- almost all folders have desktop.ini files with varying information (I know this is considered normal)
- most files are scheduled to "run in a seperate memory space" not sure if this matters
the list goes on. maybe im being paranoid, but I believe I'm infected with either 0access or something similar. poweliks perhaps. I believe whatever it is has to do with my registry file system.
Any feedback is welcome (:
Edited by 1ton, 05 April 2015 - 04:26 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.