Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Packard Bell battery charging!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rorsharock

Rorsharock

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:06 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

I have a very weird situation with my Packard Bell TE11BZ laptop. I bought it used but it was functioning quite fine, it even looked new. The problem is, few days ago the sector and battery started to act weird, for example when the laptop is off the battery is charged fine, when the laptop is on I have to unplug the sector and plug it again several times just so the battery charges for few minutes, afterwards the icon says there is no sector plugged in whilst it is and the battery charging light starts to flash. Ofcourse, sector works fine without batter. But, the laptop turns off after few mintues. Any ides what might be causing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:54 AM

Welcome,

Several ideas but nothing positive. Do you have access to another battery and another charger? I'd test to see if either, or both of them, are bad.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Rorsharock

Rorsharock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:18 PM

No I don't have any access to another sector or battery that can work with my laptop. However, some updates for the issue, the sector charges the battery when it reaches %10 and/or I keep pluging it and unpluging it until it detects.

#4 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:00 PM

I'd say that the battery needs to be replaced

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#5 Rorsharock

Rorsharock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

I think it might a motherboard issue or the sector. The battery is in a good shape, it lasts for 3-4 hours and sometimes 5 if I'm doing little work, I searched in Acer support forums as I have an Acer battery and I found that the sectors can sometime work fine but they actualy transmit no power to the laptop and in my case there is a %70 chance this could be the problem as both the power and battery lights keep flashing while trying to charge the battery and what supports this most is when I try to use only the sector it works for few minutes then the laptop shuts down which means the electricty was shortened out. It's starting to get clear a little bit but I need more ideas and/or actual experiences with such issue so I don't miss anything up(We have bleepty tech shops here, I don't trust them).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users