Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

weird creepy messages

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 strata

strata

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:41 AM

i was attempting to install windows 7 on my pc. (Xp is on the other harddrive). It was on the last reboot and after the bios instead of booting it made weird images apear. the windows xp drive says ntldr missing. But the windows 7 drive does the weird imahe thing

Edited by strata, 05 April 2015 - 03:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:10 AM

Sounds like gremlins...an exorcism or checking for missing drivers might fix the problem in Windows 7.

Where did you get the Windows 7 install software from?

The title mentions messages....can you tell us what the messages actually said?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 strata

strata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:57 PM

when i boot the xp drive it says "ntdlr is miss press control alr delete to restart" and when i boot windows 7 it doesnt give a message its literally random images

#4 strata

strata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:12 PM

HNb9zxM.jpg

https://imgur.com/HNb9zxM

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,307 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:19 PM

ntdlr missing could have one a few causes. See info at How To Fix NTLDR is Missing and Related NTLDR Errors. The most common causes and fixes are there.

Again, where did you get the Windows 7 install software from?

Did you check to see if the computer Windows 7 compatible? Download Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor from Official Microsoft Download Center

Download and run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to see if your PC is ready for Windows 7. It scans your hardware, devices, and installed programs for known compatibility issues, gives you guidance on how to resolve potential issues found, and recommends what to do before you upgrade.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 strata

strata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:53 PM

I got my windows 7 disc from best buy. I have had it for a couple years (unopenes until yesturday) and the machine is compatable i checked before i installed the first time. I just replaced a hard drive (also brand new). The pc had windows 7 ultimate prior to the hard drive upgrade

#7 strata

strata
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:39 PM

Its a brand new disc from best buy. And i already checked that.

Edited by hamluis, 06 April 2015 - 08:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users