Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help please regarding AdwCleaner!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:18 AM

Hello,

My computer has been acting weird over the last 3 - 4 days. 

I go to Facebook every day. I play some games on Google Chrome but there are two games that I have to play on Firefox because they are too slow on Google.

On Google when I open FB the pictures on posts open in steps, the page is slower to load and when I go to load one of the games it is slower and when I finally get in it is skittish and the pointer fluctuates.

On FF they have been super fast but now it is taking forever to load the games and when I do it is super slow to do anything.

Normally I don't have a problem but just lately there have been problems on both Google and FF.

I know that Facebook have made changes to their site and I don't know whether that may be the problem.

I have made sure everything is updated. Used CCleaner. Cleared cache etc. Deactivated Java. I use AVG and have done a full system scan. I have Adblock. I have made sure there is only one Shockwave Flash working.

I downloaded the Junkware Removal Tool and did a scan. It deleted some and repaired others.

I downloaded the AdwCleaner and it has finished scanning but I am not sure what to leave ticked. I don't want to remove something that is going to cause me problems.

I have written the single line ones but I took a screenshot of the multiples.

Could someone please advise me?

This one is under Folders:

C:\Users\pooty\AppData\Local\Hola

This is under files:

C:\Users\pooty\daemonprocess.txt

This one is under Shortcuts:

C:\Users\pooty\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Search.Ink http://feed.snapdo....

These three are under Scheduled tasks:

update-system

update-S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-1001

update-system

Attached File  Screenshot (6).png   290.49KB   0 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2015 - 06:24 AM.
Moved from MRL to AII - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:01 AM

Welcome to BC !

Allow AdwCleaner to remove all that it found. Rerun it and post the log following the instructions below. No one program will

find all the adware and malware. Use ALL of the programs below.

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the

Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.

After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.

CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.

• Close all open programs and internet browsers.
  • Double click on adwcleaner.exe to run the tool.
  • Click on Scan button.
  • When the scan has finished click on Clean button.
  • Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
  • Please post the contents of that logfile with your next reply.
  • You can find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[S1].txt as well.
  •  

• download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
  • Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message
  •  
  •  
  • Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
  • Click the esetonlinebtn.png button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
  • Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
  • Double click on the esetsmartinstaller_enu.png icon on your desktop.
  • Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
  • Click the Start button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, click List Threats
  • Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Click the Back button.
  • Click the Finish button.
  • NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Thank you so much. I will do it now.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 05 April 2015 - 09:52 AM.
deleted unnecessary quote

#4 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:35 PM

I did what you told me to do. Before I came in here I checked to see if things had improved.
The pictures loading on posts on FB are still loading in steps.

One of the games that I play on Google is still acting up.
One of the games that I was playing on FF is still loading the same way but it is loading just a little bit faster on Google now.

The other one I am still having problems with but that could also be due to the devs doing updates because there are other people having problems to get their game to load as well. It is strange though because there are other people that can load and play. It affects some and not others.....
Another thing that I forgot to mention is that FF is freezing. The game is still going but I can't click on any of the links, home button, refresh up at the top and I have to actually close the page down completely.

In between writing my plea for help and you answering me, I did some searching on daemonprocess and snapdo. I found that they are a virus so I went to the registry and unchecked all of those because I wasn't sure but I got AdwCleaner to clean the rest.
I am so sorry but I can't work out how to upload them to this post so I copied and pasted them. There were no problems at all with the ESET.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Thisisu
Version: 6.5.1 (04.02.2015:1)
Ran by pooty on Sun 05/04/2015 at 22:39:06.42

~~~ Services

~~~ Registry Values

~~~ Registry Keys

~~~ Files

~~~ Folders

~~~ Event Viewer Logs were cleared

Scan was completed on Sun 05/04/2015 at 22:53:31.66
End of JRT log

# AdwCleaner v4.200 - Logfile created 05/04/2015 at 22:28:26
# Updated 29/03/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-03-29.1 [Server]
# Operating system : Windows 8.1 Pro  (x64)
# Username : pooty - SUIMIN
# Running from : C:\Users\pooty\Downloads\adwcleaner_4.200.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

***** [ Files / Folders ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{1AA60054-57D9-4F99-9A55-D0FBFBE7ECD3}
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{AE07101B-46D4-4A98-AF68-0333EA26E113}
Value Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar [{AE07101B-46D4-4A98-AF68-0333EA26E113}]
Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\AVG Secure Search
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\3152E1F19977892449DC968802CE8964
Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\649A52D257CA5DB4EAAE8BA9EB23E467
Data Deleted : HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings [ProxyServer] -

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

-\\ Internet Explorer v11.0.9600.17416

-\\ Mozilla Firefox v37.0.1 (x86 en-US)

-\\ Google Chrome v41.0.2272.118

AdwCleaner[R0].txt - [4711 bytes] - [07/03/2015 18:54:30]
AdwCleaner[R1].txt - [2182 bytes] - [05/04/2015 16:46:47]
AdwCleaner[R2].txt - [1645 bytes] - [05/04/2015 22:25:58]
AdwCleaner[S0].txt - [2287 bytes] - [05/04/2015 19:52:24]
AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1572 bytes] - [05/04/2015 22:28:26]

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [1631  bytes] ##########

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

Reset Google Chrome

Google Chrome gives you the option to reset your browser settings in one easy click. In some cases, programs that you install can change your Chrome settings without your knowledge. You may see additional extensions and toolbars or a different search engine. Resetting your browser settings will reset the unwanted changes caused by installing other programs. However, your saved bookmarks and passwords will not be cleared or changed.

Reset your browser settings
  1. In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
  2. Select Settings.
  3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
  4. Under the section "Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
  5. In the dialog that appears, click Reset.

Reset/ Refresh Firefox.....Refresh Firefox - reset add-ons and settings | Firefox Help

Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here

Double-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).

• Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.
  • Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.
  • Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.
  • If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.
  • While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.

POST THE LOG FOR REVIEW.

Post the two Startup lists, Scheduled Tasks and Programs:

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.

At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next

post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you

will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

Thank you very much. I have just got to make some dinner for my husband and I but when I have finished I will do what you have posted. I know! It is 3:15am but better late than never.  :)

#7 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

Were you there....Perthily Wonderful Picture...Comet, Fireworks, Lightning

mcnaught3_kemppainen.jpg

#8 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

Wow, that picture is amazing. Thank you very much for posting it. :)

I have reset Google and Firefox.

Here is the log from Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
www.malwarebytes.org

Scan Date: 6/04/2015
Scan Time: 3:24:30 AM
Logfile: Detailed Log..txt
Administrator: Yes

Version: 2.01.4.1018
Malware Database: v2015.04.05.03
Rootkit Database: v2015.03.31.01
License: Free
Malware Protection: Disabled
Malicious Website Protection: Disabled
Self-protection: Disabled

CPU: x64
File System: NTFS
User: pooty

Scan Type: Threat Scan
Result: Completed
Objects Scanned: 344998
Time Elapsed: 12 min, 16 sec

Memory: Enabled
Startup: Enabled
Filesystem: Enabled
Archives: Enabled
Rootkits: Enabled
Heuristics: Enabled
PUP: Enabled
PUM: Enabled

Processes: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Modules: 0

Registry Keys: 1
PUP.Optional.ShoppingHelper.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-1001\SOFTWARE\SMARTBAR, Quarantined, [599e5f0957330d29798a09351aeb45bb], 

Registry Values: 1
PUP.Optional.ShoppingHelper.A, HKU\S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-1001\SOFTWARE\SMARTBAR|publisher, ShoppingHelper, Quarantined, [599e5f0957330d29798a09351aeb45bb]

Registry Data: 0

Folders: 0

Files: 0

Physical Sectors: 0

(end)

Startup:

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR
Yes HKLM:Run AVG_UI AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG2015\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY
Yes HKLM:Run HotKeysCmds Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe"
No HKLM:Run Intel AppUp® center Intel Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\IntelAppStore\bin\ismagent.exe" --domain-id F0399437-FD0C-4A48-B101-F0314A6172E4
Yes HKLM:Run Persistence Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RAVCpl64.exe -s
No HKLM:Run SunJavaUpdateSched Oracle Corporation "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
Yes HKLM:Run SynTPEnh Synaptics Incorporated %ProgramFiles%\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TCrdMain TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Hotkey\TCrdMain_Win8.exe
No HKLM:Run TecoResident TOSHIBA Corporation C:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\Teco\TecoResident.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TODDMain TOSHIBA CORPORATION C:\Program Files (x86)\TOSHIBA\System Setting\TODDMain.exe
Yes HKLM:Run TosWaitSrv TOSHIBA Corporation %ProgramFiles%\TOSHIBA\TPHM\TosWaitSrv.exe
No HKLM:Run TRUUpdater Sierra Wireless, Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Wireless Inc\WebUpdater\TRUUpdater.exe" /bkground
No HKLM:Run TSVU TOSHIBA "c:\Program Files\TOSHIBA\TOSHIBA Smart View Utility\TosSmartViewLauncher.exe"
No HKLM:Run WatcherHelper Sierra Wireless Inc. "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sierra Wireless Inc\3G Watcher\WaHelper.exe"
Yes HKLM:RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (cleanup) Malwarebytes Corporation "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe" "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware"

Scheduled Tasks:

Yes Task Adobe Flash Player Updater Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task Java Platform SE Auto Updater Oracle Corporation C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
Yes Task Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-1001
Yes Task Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-500
Yes Task Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements Synaptics Incorporated "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe"

Install:

7-Zip 9.38 (x64 edition) Igor Pavlov 14/01/2015 4.66 MB 9.38.00.0
Adobe Flash Player 17 NPAPI Adobe Systems Incorporated 4/04/2015 6.00 MB 17.0.0.134
AppNHost 1.0.5.1 Mixesoft Project 21/08/2014 428 KB 1.0.5.1
Atheros Bluetooth Filter Driver Package Qualcomm Atheros 18/07/2013 11.6 MB 2.0.0.5
Atheros Driver Installation Program Atheros 18/07/2013 10.0
AVG 2015 AVG Technologies 1/04/2015 2015.0.5863
AVG PC TuneUp 2015 AVG Technologies 5/04/2015 15.0.1001.403
Awakening 4- The Skyward Castle CE AllSmartGames 7/11/2014 Final
Awakening 5- The Sunhook Spire Collectors Edition AllSmartGames 7/11/2014 Final
Awakening 6 - The Redleaf Forest Collector's Edition Game-Owl.com 7/11/2014 Final
Awakening 7- The Golden Age CE Game Owl 7/11/2014 FINAL
CCleaner Piriform 23/12/2014 4.19
DTS Studio Sound DTS, Inc. 18/07/2013 3.92 MB 1.00.0069
ESET Online Scanner v3 5/04/2015
Evernote v. 4.5.7 Evernote Corp. 18/07/2013 126 MB 4.5.7.7146
Google Chrome Google Inc. 29/08/2014 41.0.2272.118
Intel AppUp® center Intel 7/11/2014 3.8.0.41504.23
Intel® Management Engine Components Intel Corporation 19/07/2013 8.1.30.1349
Intel® Network Connections Drivers Intel 7/11/2014 916 KB 17.3
Intel® Processor Graphics Intel Corporation 7/11/2014 9.17.10.3347
Intel® Rapid Start Technology Intel Corporation 7/11/2014 2.1.0.1002
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology Intel Corporation 28/03/2015 11.6.0.1030
Intel® SDK for OpenCL - CPU Only Runtime Package Intel Corporation 19/07/2013 2.0.0.37149
Java 8 Update 31 Oracle Corporation 23/01/2015 74.0 MB 8.0.310
Java 8 Update 40 Oracle Corporation 4/04/2015 9.10 MB 8.0.400
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.1.4.1018 Malwarebytes Corporation 6/04/2015 57.6 MB 2.1.4.1018
Microsoft Office Microsoft Corporation 18/07/2013 296 MB 15.0.4454.1510
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.6161 Microsoft Corporation 18/07/2013 10.1 MB 9.0.30729.6161
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x64 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 18/07/2013 13.8 MB 10.0.40219
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010  x86 Redistributable - 10.0.40219 Microsoft Corporation 18/07/2013 11.1 MB 10.0.40219
Mozilla Firefox 37.0.1 (x86 en-US) Mozilla 4/04/2015 158 MB 37.0.1
Mozilla Maintenance Service Mozilla 4/04/2015 391 KB 37.0.1
RICOH Media Driver v2.23.17.01 RICOH 18/07/2013 2.23.17.01
Sierra Wireless AirCard Watcher Sierra Wireless Inc. 18/07/2013 38.2 MB 6.0.3852.8402
Sierra Wireless QMI Toshiba Driver Package Sierra Wireless Inc. 7/11/2014 26.2 MB 2.21.1304.0
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Synaptics Incorporated 7/11/2014 46.4 MB 16.6.0.6
TOSHIBA Desktop Assist Toshiba Corporation 5/05/2013 548 KB 1.01.02.6405
TOSHIBA Display Utility Toshiba Corporation 19/07/2013 18.7 MB 1.0.4.4
TOSHIBA eco Utility Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 23.5 MB 2.0.5.6409
TOSHIBA Function Key Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 36.3 MB 1.00.6630.6403
TOSHIBA Password Utility Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 7.43 MB 3.02.02.02
TOSHIBA PC Health Monitor Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 66.2 MB 1.9.01.640102
TOSHIBA Recovery Media Creator Toshiba Corporation 5/05/2013 3.0.01.55004008
TOSHIBA Resolution+ Plug-in for Windows Media Player Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 1.2.4.02
TOSHIBA Service Station Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 2.80 MB 2.5.6
TOSHIBA System Driver Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 5.67 MB 1.00.0024
TOSHIBA System Settings Toshiba Corporation 18/07/2013 6.13 MB 1.0.8.32002
Visual Studio 2012 x64 Redistributables AVG Technologies 28/04/2014 12.9 MB 14.0.0.1
Visual Studio 2012 x86 Redistributables AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. 28/04/2014 10.5 MB 14.0.0.1

#9 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:12 PM

I thought you might live near to where that was taken. Yes, it is an amazing picture.

Disable these Windows Startups: (You can use CCleaner....click on each item to highlight....choose Disable on the right.

Yes HKCU:Run CCleaner Monitoring Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner64.exe" /MONITOR

Yes HKLM:Run IgfxTray Intel Corporation "C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe"

Yes HKLM:RunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (cleanup) Malwarebytes Corporation "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe" "C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware"

Disable these Scheduled Tasks:

Yes Task Adobe Flash Player Updater Adobe Systems Incorporated C:\windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
Yes Task CCleanerSkipUAC Piriform Ltd "C:\Program Files\CCleaner\CCleaner.exe" $(Arg0)
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /c
No Task GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA Google Inc. C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe /ua /installsource scheduler
Yes Task Java Platform SE Auto Updater Oracle Corporation C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe
Yes Task Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-1001

Yes Task Optimize Start Menu Cache Files-S-1-5-21-2095488557-2743691683-3191754540-500

Uninstall these programs:

AppNHost 1.0.5.1 Mixesoft Project 21/08/2014 428 KB 1.0.5.1

AVG PC TuneUp 2015 AVG Technologies 5/04/2015 15.0.1001.403

Google Chrome Google Inc. 29/08/2014 41.0.2272.118 (Or Update)

Java 8 Update 31 Oracle Corporation 23/01/2015 74.0 MB 8.0.310

Please let me know if after all of this if there is any significant improvement or not. AVG may attempt to reinstall its adware in your browsers

during an update or upgrade. You can check occassionally for AVG Secure Search or similar like Browser protect...that is adware. Disable in the

browser if found....Tools...Add-Ons...Extensions

#10 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:03 AM

Hi mate,

I do live in Perth. The name Perthily is not familiar. I have never heard of Perth called that and that is why I didn't connect it to here plus I don't recognize where the picture was taken. I have been sitting here trying to work out where it is and for the life of me I do not know. 

Okay, I have done what you asked. The loading of the pictures on post's on FB is back to normal and so is one game. But there has been no change to the games on FF or with the freezing with the page itself.

I never use my hubby's computer because I don't want to be the cause of a virus etc. But last night he told me to see what would happen if I tried doing things through his. He has an old laptop and when he bought it he had the graphics card etc booted up. It is a really good laptop to play games on, quick as.

I had no problems whatsoever with loading and playing. I couldn't try anything on FF because he doesn't like it and doesn't have it. But everything worked just using Google.

If I was using my old tower with XP I would know what was wrong, we were best mates and had been together for 10 years :D but it had to be replaced and hubby bought me a Toshiba Intel Celeron 4GB 64bit System with Full Windows Touch Support. It has got Windows 8.1 Pro on it. (I think I have said all of that correctly)

I have had it now for roughly 15-16 months, I am not computer literate and I still don't know how to use it properly. XP as you know had the start button bottom left and had the dog or cat or whatever icon a person wanted to use to do a search for things. 

With this one you have to keep moving the mouse around on the right hand side until that little panel shows up to turn it off etc and I cannot find anything like the dog to do a search. There was no instruction manual given which kind of doesn't help.

On the XP I could do an update on a driver or graphic card but with this one I wouldn't have a clue if anything needs updating.

I am so very sorry to be such a nuisance. It is not fair for you to be putting so much time into helping me. It must be hard for you because you are doing it through messages.

To be fair on you, you don't have to help me anymore. You have got a life and no doubt lots of other people to help as well and my problems are starting to take up a lot of your time.

I would like to thank you sooooo much for the help you have given me, I really do appreciate it. :)

#11 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

Questions about how to use 8.1 and the touch screen can be asked in the Windows 8.1 Forum.

As to Firefox not performing as well as Google Chrome.....well....you did reset it. You could try a clean reinstall of Firefox. That means

uninstalling using the Add/ Remove or CCleaner and then doing searches for Mozilla and Firefox and removing all especially the profile.

You can save bookmarks to your desktop before doing that. Just be sure you don't delete them.

Perthily was a silly play on the word perfectly.

My goodness...you are not a nuisance....enjoyed trying to help. You are welcome.

#12 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hi mate,

I am very happy to inform you that reinstalling FireFox did the trick. I cannot tell you enough how grateful I am to you for all of the help that you have given me. Thank you sooooooooooo much. :)

lol I am going to start using Perthily myself, I like it....

Thank you very much for not thinking that I was a nuisance.

I ended up working it out today how to do a search for files. At long last I am starting to feel comfortable with this computer.

Once again thank you so much for everything. :)

#13 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:06 PM

I was perthily glad to of helped....you're welcome...happy surfin'

#14 Sandgroperette

Sandgroperette
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:12 PM

:lol:  Thank you. :)

#15 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,323 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:07 PM

It would be best if you started a new topic in this forum. It would also be best to copy and paste the logs rather than an image.

That makes it easier to do searches of items listed in logs when the file names are just a series of letters and numbers.

Usually, it is perfectly safe to allow AdwCleaner to remove what it finds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users