Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo y510p overheating during normal load

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 agent47v2.0

agent47v2.0

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:46 AM

Hi .

I have a lenovo y510p (core i7, 8gb ram, gt 755m, ) which i bought few months back ..

It has been work fine until this week that i started to notice that the cpu was overheating even during light loads such as web browsing.

As I am typing this post the cpu  usage is under 30 % but the cpu temperature is around 70 deg. C ... gpu temps are normal

It is going upto 84 deg . C under these conditions. ( temps as seen from msi afterburner) . my room teperature is close to 30 deg. C. 

Also i am noticing that my pointer changing changing to ''working in background " mode and back to normal constantly even though there is anything happening on screen.

dont know if the two problems are related.

Plx help..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,874 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

The max operating temp for your CPU ( i7-4700MQ) is 100 Celsius.

I would suggest blowing out all vents with canned air, to minimize the possibility of dust increasing the system temperature.

How To Clean The Dust Out Of Your Laptop

Louis

#3 agent47v2.0

agent47v2.0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

The max operating temp for your CPU ( i7-4700MQ) is 100 Celsius.

I would suggest blowing out all vents with canned air, to minimize the possibility of dust increasing the system temperature.

How To Clean The Dust Out Of Your Laptop

Louis

My concern is that the laptop is heating abnormally. I have been using my laptop for the last 8 months and only now I am seeing temps this high under very minimal loads. 

I found some dust accumulated in the air vents below the cpu fan today and cleaned it. and cleaned some of the dust in the cpu fan too

but still i didnt find any change in the temperature.

#4 agent47v2.0

agent47v2.0
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 09:36 AM

bump..

ANYONE ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users