Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The User Profile Service is failing the log in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 7Acousticgtrs!

7Acousticgtrs!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:43 AM

When I log in as the Administrative user log in is successful after entering the password. When I log in as a user account (with a password) and as the Guest account (no password ) I am getting the following message. " The User Profile Service failed the log on. User profile cannot be loaded.Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Thank You.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,610 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:33 AM

Hi 7Acousticgtrs :)

The error you are receiving is often displayed when Windows isn't able to correctly load the user profile you are trying to log in. It happens because the user profile is damaged, corrupted and there's another issue with it (like part of it is located on a bad sector and Windows cannot access it). There's a Microsoft Support article for that specific error message that also proposes you solution:

http://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947215

By experience, the best solution to fix that issue fast and without playing in the Registry is to back up the user data of the corrupted users, delete their user profile and user and then re-create them. Once done you simply move back the data you backed up in the new profile and you're done.

Let me know how it goes for you :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users