Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer freezes randomly

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony34

Anthony34

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:18 PM

So recently I had to reformat my computer a little more often then I have to because it would freeze when I'm using it and today when I turned it on it said your disk needs to be checked for consistency and then it finished checking and turned into a black screen and then I turned it on then off and then it said kernal32.DLL was missing and then I went to the bios and it froze there too and then I turned tried turning it on and sometimes it turns on and sometimes it turns on but nothing appears on the monitor

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2015 - 10:18 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,189 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

Welcome,

My first guess would be that your hard drive is going bad, very quickly.

I'd recommend a new drive and then attempt to recover your data by making the old drive a slave. It may not work so don't get your hopes up.

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:55 PM

What do you mean by my hard drive is going bad , please I'm in a deep need of help because I cannot afford to purchase a new desktop

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

The fact that this occurs when in the BIOS indicates that this isn't a hdd issue.  The BIOS is separate from Windows and shouldn't be affected by it.

Try booting into Safe Mode to see if the problem persists.  If it doesn't, then I would look into a problem with either the GPU of its driver.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:20 PM

My computer has gotten worse , I have only visited safe websites and such and as I'm playing my games , it just freezes , then I power my PC off and start it up again and it repeats but now when I turn it on the monitor does not respond and the power button is glowing showing its on but the hard disk where I insert my disks , turns on but then turns off after a few seconds and the power button remains on .

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:41 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 02:30 PM

Well my cousin built this computer in 2009 and It is allowing me to boot in safe mode
But prompts a message regarding me to answer yes or no ( " to proceed or work in safe mode ,click yes . if you prefer to use system restore to restore your computer to a previous state . click no )

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 03:13 PM

Boot into Safe Mode to see if the monitor has an image.  

If it does, run the System File Checker (sfc /scannow)

Please run System File Checker

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

Click on the Start orb and then type cmd in the Search programs and files box.

In the pane above the search box Programs will appear with cmd below it, right click on cmd and choose Run as administrator.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, enter the password, or click Allow.

This will open the Elevated Command Prompt, it will look similar to the image below.

elevatedcommandpromptw7_zpseba8c499.png

Type in sfc /scannow and then press Enter to start the scan.  Please notice the space between sfc and the /scannow.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems the scan will stop.  Type in exit, then press Enter to stop the scan.

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

To find sfc /scannow log, type cmd in the Search programs and files box. 

cmd will appear above the search box under Apps., right click on it and choose Run as administrator, this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.  This will look simlar to the image above.

Copy and paste the following in the Elevated Command Prompt, then press Enter.  

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled sfcdetails.  Double click on this icon to open the log, copy it and paste it in your topic. 

#9 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

My PC power button light stays on but my HDD light turns off and the monitor is completely functional but does not turn on so there maybe an issue internally ?

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:38 PM

Please do what I have requested.

The reason the hdd LED goes off is because there is a lack of activity.  When you first start the computer the hdd LED is flashing on and off at a rapid pace, but as the computer gets through the startup and runs normally the activity will normally drop significantly.  

#11 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:43 PM

It will not allow me to run cmd.exe as administrator in safe mode

#12 Anthony34

Anthony34
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:56 PM

0x000006ba [The RPC server is unavailable.] It won't allow me to perform the command SFC/scannow

#13 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

This is indicative of a problem in the Registry.

Did you get the installation disc along with the computer from your cousin?

If you did not, contact him and see if you can get it from him.

Have you been using registry cleaner software on this computer?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users