Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Why creating backup on 1TB WD Black disk is slower than 4TB WD Green disk?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 comsky

comsky

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

I am using Acronis software to make a full backup of my PC and storing the backups made into a WD Black 1TB hard disk and it takes about 9 hours to complete making the full backup. (I tried 2 different WD Black 1TB and both took about 9 hours)

I then tried using Acronis software to make a full backup of my PC and storing the backups made into a WD Green 4TB hard disk and it takes about 4 hours to complete making the full backup.

Nothing else is changed. Except the hard disk. Both are connected to the same internal hard disk slot.

Does more empty space make backups process faster?

Why is making backup and storing into WD Green 4TB almost 2 times faster than WD Black 1TB?

Thanks

ADD INFO: The only difference is the 1TB WD Black is MBR , the 4TB WD Green is GPT

Short version: I put in 1TB WD black into internal hard disk slot A. I then make a full backup of my whole PC, it takes 9 hours to complete. I then remove the 1TB WD black from the internal hard disk slot A. I then insert 4TB WD green into the same internal hard disk slot A. I then make a full backup of my whole PC, it takes 4 hours to complete.

Edited by hamluis, 05 April 2015 - 10:22 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to I(nternal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users