Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Watching video and screen went fuzzy and then computer won't boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 HelpMePlease2015

HelpMePlease2015

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 PM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:32 PM

Hi, I was watching a video and my screen started disolving and then the system crashed.  Now I have a blue screen when I boot.  I tried using Startup Repair and it said it could repair.  Then offered me an option to try restoring to an earlier time. When I took that option all the restores failed due to an inability to copy this file: "users/office/fonts/purchased/fonts/linotype_fonts/fonts".  I then tried booting and it again went to blue screen.

To me it seems like a virus. I have a dual boot Windows7 environment and then second system image runs fine.  I can also pop out of System Repair disk (using the Windows7 installation disks) and still see the files.

Do you have any suggestions?  I'd like to avoid reinstalling the software on the machine, as much of it is purchased with three or more cycles of updates and I'd have to go through all the upgrades and customization - likely weeks of work to get it all back to where it was before I watched the bad video :-(

Edited by hamluis, 04 April 2015 - 07:47 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users