Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer not loading one particular site

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 shley

shley

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

Hello

My Internet Explorer is not loading one particular site but another browser is.  The site in question was once a part of Kaspersky's Smart Money list and is a bank.  It has been deleted and that software was recently upgraded to a newer product (Total Security).  I do not know if the a/v is the issue or not.  What I do know is that when I try to load the web page, the browser comes back VERY quickly and states that the address is wrong or my connection to the Internet is down.  Neither is true, of course.

I need some assistance to trouble shoot and try to find out a way to fix this.

System is a HP ENVY, Windows 8.1 x64, IE 11. All MS updates are current.
Thanks

shley
Enclosed: Screenshot.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

Try resetting Internet explorer settings to default. Open the run box by holding down the Windows key and pressing "R".  Next Copy and past the following command and click RESET. 

RunDll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ResetIEtoDefaults

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:10 PM

Thanks, BC.  I tried what you suggested but I am still getting the same result.  I did find another 'hint' however.  If I go back into the address bar and hit backspace I see the following pop up in the address: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm

I don't know if that helps or not...  This problem is very strange - I have never had anything like it before.  It is only doing this on that one website.  The browser acts as though it doesn't even check the Internet - it comes back with that same message lightening fast...

#4 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:11 PM

One other note.  Huntington Bank changed their website and re-did it completely.  I have never been able to load their new site.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:39 PM

Your able to load the site in another browser on the same pc?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#6 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Yes.  I only have Opera as a backup and it loads just fine.  Of course, it isn't supposedly as secure as IE or is I use Kaspersky Smart Money (protected browser mode)

#7 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:41 AM

Are you using a shortcut or typing in the address in internet explorer?

Edit: you can also try the Microsoft fix it for Internet Explorer

Edited by Sneakycyber, 05 April 2015 - 05:46 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer

#8 shley

shley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 251 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:50 AM

BC, I tried both ways.. but after working all night long, I have resolved the issue but I still do not understand exactly how my system ended up with that issue.  I ended up restoring my system and then I totally deleted Kaspersky Total Security (the new upgrade) and reloaded the PURE back on to the system.  This was a nightmare of a week...  But it is working fine now AND the system is running fast again (another problem after Total was installed).

I can not believe a company would roll out a product and offer a "free upgrade" to a consumer just to have them as a guinea pig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users