Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

trouble with sd card

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:12 PM

hello, i am using a micro sd card that has some videos on it that i would really like to see, but i cant open the files on the card. i have a usb card reader, and when i plug in the card reader it shows up. when i click it it tells me to insert disk. so i put the micro sd card in and then i try again. this time it takes about five minutes, and at the top where the file path is there is a green loading bar. when it finishes loading it just tell me to "insert disk" again. when i close the pop up that tell me to insert disk my card reader disapears. and i have to unplug it and plug t back into my computer. what is happening. PLEASE HELP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hello, and Welcome

What device did the SD card come from? You may have better luck using a live linux distro like puppy linux to pull the files.

#3 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

the sd card originally came from my phone, but i formatted it , and put it in my quadcopter to capture videos.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

If you formatted it in Windows the files should should copy without a problem. Possibly the USB card reader has the problem. Have you tried reading the SD card on another computer?

As I posted previously, you can boot a live linux iso and see if the files can be pulled off. Here is a guide using Puppy linux 5.2.8. You would be pulling them from your USB flash drive to your hard disk. When you attach the card reader with the SD card, you will see a USB icon appear on the Puppy desktop. Click once on the icon. A file manager window should open showing your video files.

#5 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:04 PM

i do not feel comfortable installing linux, but i will try it on a different computer thank you 

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

You do not install puppy linux. It runs from RAM and the CD disk. It does not touch the hard drive. The only time the hard drive is touched is when you copy from the SD card to the hard drive. You do not even need to do that. Just boot the puppy linux disk, attach your SD card reader with SD card and see if you can see your videos.

Edit: You can burn a CD/DVD in Windows 7 by right clicking the puppy iso and selecting Burn Disk Image.

Edited by JohnC_21, 04 April 2015 - 06:13 PM.

#7 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:17 PM

ok thank you, i tried it on another computer, and as soon as i clicked to open the files it said program not responding

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:23 PM

It sounds like there is file corruption on the SD card. You formatted the card on a Windows computer, correct?

#9 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

no i used my cell phone to format the card. then i put it in the quadcopter. i would use my phone to view the video but when i try to do that it says codec not supported so i have to use the windows media player.

Edited by TgxLEGENDz, 04 April 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,684 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:23 AM

What is the file extension on the video files?

#11 TgxLEGENDz

TgxLEGENDz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:29 PM

I'm not sure and there is no way for me to find out because I cant even view the files

#12 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,778 posts
  •  

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:01 PM

I think it is the different OS"s phone/windows, that or it did not survive the copters vibration. 

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users