Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Reg Pro Cleaner Removal Help Needed

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 scififan

scififan

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

*Moderator Edit: split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569689/reg-pro-cleaner-virus/ ~ Queen-Evie*

I have the same problem. I tried to DL the programs above, and I was able to run malware and ads cleaner. I followed the instructions for malware, and scanned with adw. I didn't get mini tool box or junk removal tool as there were many pop ups and it slowed the laptop down.

I can get to the desktop screen, run Netflix, but whenever I try to use browsers, it says it can't connect even though the WiFi works with Netflix.

I followed the instructing with malware this am, and after running the anti malware, I can't use a browser.

Its not my laptop, its a friends and I don't want to explain I tried to help and screwed it up.

What can I do?

I'm worried about using a restore point as I'm not comfortable trying and screwing it up more.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 April 2015 - 01:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 scififan

scififan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:56 AM

I have a log for the anti malware scan but I can't send it!

Its a windows 8.1
64 bit
AMD A8-4500M APU
RAM 6.00GB

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

You cannot copy/paste it here?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#4 scififan

scififan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 02:24 PM

No. At least not that I know of because I'm using my phone to reply back. I don't know of a way to get it from the laptop to here. The browsers will not load, saying not connected, yet Netflix works.

#5 scififan

scififan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hello? Is anyone around?

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:04 PM

Please be patient as you wait for boopme to return. Bleeping Computer helpers are volunteers who have a life outside the forum.

This is not "instant answer".

Yes, are a lot of people around but they may not be able to help you.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 04 April 2015 - 01:06 PM.
deleted comment regading clarification since it is not needed because OP is using his phone to post

#7 scififan

scififan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:10 PM

I apologize if it sounded that way, I was freaking out lol. My own PC is crashed and I hope that I am not a jink and screwed this one up too.

I tried to DL all of the above programs, but malware and adw were the only ones I could DL. I ran malware and ads and delete the threats from it. I didn't touch the adw cleaner after the scan because I didn't know what to mess with or not. I did get logs of both but can't send them as I have no browser.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users