Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Relentless Pop up please help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 eljay0077

eljay0077

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 12:06 AM

I'm trying to solve a problem of relentless pop ups on my friends computer. She is using windows 8 and has Norton 360 running. This has happened 3 times since she's had her computer (6 months old). Each time I've been able to solve the problem by refreshing Firefox. It hasn't worked this time.

This time I've tried Refresh Firefox - didn't work
Uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox - didn't work
Checked Firefox menu - Add ons - Extensions - nothing there
Run Malwarebytes and applied actions - didn't work
Run Norton Scan and applied actions - didn't work
I've tried restoring computer to earlier restore point that that didn't really work.

The pop ups don't seem to happen in IE but she needs to use Firefox for her work software which is only optimised for Firefox.

It seems the main pop up is coming from luu.lightquartrate.com

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 04 April 2015 - 03:06 AM.
Moved to AII from Windows 8. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,082 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

If its assoiciated to Firefox as you say ? Uninstall it again and then run JRT http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/junkware-removal-tool/

You could also check the Program Files folder for any leftovers and remove them , and within Hidden Folders under C:\Users\Anyone\AppData and delete any folders associated to Firefox. Check Folders - Local / Local Low / Roaming within AppData.

Reinstall Firefox and see if then ok.

If not ? check Startup items , you can do this with Ccleaner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users