Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Maybe defective? Have horizontal lines on the screen! (HP EliteBook)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bosanci28

bosanci28

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:02 PM

Have a HP EliteBook Folio 9470M

with Win8 and when i start it up i get lot of lines from left to right on the screen. (horizontal lines on the screen)

Fee pictures here:

http://prntscr.com/6p9s0e

http://prntscr.com/6p9s4x

http://prntscr.com/6p9s4j

Not sure if this problem comes from the video driver , video gpu chip on the mother board, or the screen it self to be defective , or if there is an 

inverter on the screen could be from that too.

Any advice on this will appreciate!

Update:

The Laptop has a vga port so i connected to a tv and looks the image is good on the tv screen ,but the laptop

still have those lines. And for some reason it has win7 install, instead of the Win8 thats on the stickers.

So this maybe be still the screen? or...

Edited by bosanci28, 03 April 2015 - 08:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bosanci28

bosanci28
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:40 AM

Anyone? Any advice on this? Thanks!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 5,957 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:10 PM

Your laptop has an external VGA connector for connecting to an external screen. If you connect it to another screen and don't get these lines then, yes, your screen is faulty. If you do get these lines on another screen then the problem is probably with the video drivers on your computer. This second is much easier and cheaper to fix - go to the HP web-site and download the latest video drivers for your operating system and install them.

If it is your screen that is faulty probably the only cure is replacement. If you want to try it yourself have a look at this video first -

I appreciate that this is a major problem and inconvenience for you but try to give people 24 hours at least before you bump a topic !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users