Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Connect to Internet even in Safe Mode with Networking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nickpreds

Nickpreds

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

I am posting a new thread because I have looked everywhere for a solution to my problem and still am not having any luck.

About a week ago, suddenly my computer would not connect to the internet. I have a custom built desktop pc with an Asrock motherboard. I am running Windows 7. There are 4 other computers in my house and they all are having no issues connecting, including my ASUS laptop. When I try to connect over ethernet, it says "Identifying... No Internet access" in the connection window. Also there is a yellow exclamation point over the ethernet connection symbol. I have a TP Link usb wireless adapter, so I plug that in. In the connection window it says that I am connected to my router, but it still says "Identifying... No Internet access". In the tray, the wifi symbol shows 5 bars of wifi, but has the yellow exclamation point on it.

I thought it'd be a good idea to try to connect while in safe mode, but that also failed.

My ISP is Att Uverse, I have a 2WIRE Router.
I have reinstalled mobo drivers, tplink wireless adapter drivers, ran many different commands in the console as administrator.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, because I really have no clue at all what the issue is.
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Havachat

Havachat

• Members
  • 1,039 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:26 PM

Safe Mode wont work unless you choose "with Networking" , have you tried in Device Manager rolling back the driver for ethernet adapter ?

Are there any Question marks in device manager ?

Or going back to an Older Restore point , i would try to get the Ethernet working first as a connection then work on the wireless.

You can also run MiniToolBox  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/  and repair /Reset connections.

Edited by Havachat, 03 April 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#3 DeadNetwork

DeadNetwork

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

Have you scanned for rootkits? Do you get the same issue if you switch user accounts? I wonder if a live CD would be able to load the correct drivers and get some kind of connectivity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users