Tell your cousin to download and run the following two programs in "SAFE MODE
If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions
. Download and scan with Sysclean Package.
1. Create a new folder on drive "C:\" ("C:\New Folder") and rename it Sysclean
2. Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
3. Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files (lptXXX.zip).
4. Extract the lptXXX.zip
pattern file into the same folder you created for sysclean.com.
5. Close all open applications and DISABLE
your current anti-virus software. Some anti-virus programs such as Avast will alert you to a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them first.
6. Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com
7. It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
8. Exit when done and re-enable your anti-virus program.
Reboot, and then perform these online Virus scans
:[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]Trend Micro Housecall ScanPanda ActiveScan
[ActiveScan Panda does not remove adware/spyware but will autoclean for viruses & worms.]