Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by ADS by name or luu.lightquartrate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Wadandi

Wadandi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:02 AM

Similar problem to the person in another thread: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571984/ads-by-name/

Adware or Malware infecting my computer and browsers (ff + chrome) and having a hard time trying to find it all, let alone get rid of it. So will stop trying to figure it out on my own and hopefully get some help!  :)

THIS is an example of what it does (note PCKeeper tab was opened by it) and the site it redirects to if you click on the 'ad options' part HERE.

CPU and any processing speed has noticeably increased too, it was so bad when running antivirus I thought it could overheat. 

Things I have tried so far:
MalwareBytes (some PUP trojans came up and were deleted but no changed happened after this)
Avira Antivirus
CCleaner
Uninstall Programs
Check Task Manager for unusual running .exe
Check AppData folders for anything suspicious.
Gone into /Windows/System32/Tasks and removed suspicious schedules I didn't create.
Tried to search regedit for anything with the keywords of the stuff coming up.
Remove something called "kin kon" that was an extension in both Chrome and Firefox. Chrome was back working normally before this removal, but no difference in change to FF.

Thanks for your time and help.

FRST log:

Spoiler

I can't find the attachment part here to load the Addition.txt file so here is it's contents:

Spoiler

Edited by Budapest, 03 April 2015 - 02:05 AM.
Moved from AII ~Budapest

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:37 AM

Hello and welcome to Bleeping computer.

Please run the following adware removal tool, then re-run FRST and post a new log:

Download AdwCleaner from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Run AdwCleaner and select Scan
  • If items are found, please select the Cleaning button
  • Once done it will ask to reboot, allow the reboot
  • On reboot a log will be produced, please attach the content of the log to your next reply

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

#3 CatByte

CatByte

bleepin' tiger

• Malware Response Team
  • 14,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:23 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Microsoft MVP - 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users