Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove WinMagic SecureDoc BootLoader without wiping files?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dakattack

Dakattack

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:06 PM

Just installed Windows 8.1 (clean install) and was re-installing all the drivers when at last I decided to set up my fingerprint scanner again. Went through all of the HP security set up and such and restarted my laptop when prompted to. Upon reboot I got this error before I could boot up Windows:

http://imgur.com/Q4PAtUj

I've tried a system restore but it cant access the drive; is there anyway to disable this program? I can access the BIOS but I can't get it to boot Windows because it just hangs on that screen. I really cant afford to wipe this drive, all of my school documents are on there and I wiped the backup I made after everything seemed fine and dandy. 

Does anyone have any experience with this program? I submitted a help ticket to Winmagic support but I need this laptop for class tomorrow morning and I want to have it fixed as soon as physically possible. Thanks all in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CAGrizz

CAGrizz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:20 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

I'm having similar problems and looking into a fix. I'll post back once I do.

#3 Portaller

Portaller

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:20 PM

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:31 PM

You could give this a go (guide is for W7, but should be a similar process for W8/8.1).

It refuses to run on those IOS's because the earlier versions of cIOScorp scooped out your Wii's innards and turned them into delicious Scrambled IOS Breakfast, which confused the crap out of their installer and gave TT all sorts of bizarre errors to scratch their heads over.

Limits are temporary, the boundaries of which are to be pushed by diligent study and application of oneself to the problem at hand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users