Introduction and Purpose of this Forum
This forum is for tutorials and how-to's related to any version or distribution of linux. Any user is allowed to post a new tutorial here, however we ask that you follow the guidelines below while forming your post to keep everything organized, uniform and informative for users seeking help. Please note that this forum is set such that new posts are hidden until they are approved by a moderator, so when you submit a new tutorial you will not see it until a moderator approves it.
How to Write a Tutorial
Before you start to form your post please first make sure a tutorial has not already been posted on the subject you are planning on writing about. Once you have searched the forum and made sure there isn't a post on the topic already you can start to form your post. When you post your new tutorial you will have to wait for a moderator to approve it. If the post needs to be revised a moderator will contact you, if nothing is wrong it will be approved and everyone will be able to see it.
Please keep these simple guidelines in mind while writing your tutorial:
- Make sure you use proper spelling and grammar.
- All information should be clear and concise with step by step instructions.
- All information should be worded in such a way that a complete novice can understand it.
- Please make sure to include a table of contents if your post is quite large, that way people can easily navigate it.
- Please be sure to point out what distribution/version/flavor of linux your tutorial is for.
- If your tutorial works on different distributions/versions/flavors of linux but needs different instructions for each, please keep those instructions in the same tutorial and just make different sections inside your post for each.
Template to use
When creating tutorials please use this template so that all tutorials are uniform and easily understood by readers. This way all information is conveyed in a familiar way across each post. You are welcome to add a table of contents if you feel you need to.
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to ....
The BBCode for the above template is below, copy and paste it into the new topic box to help you get a start on writing your new tutorial.
[center][b]Title[/b][/center] [b][color=#0000FF]Guide Overview[/color][/b] The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to .... [b][color=#0000FF]Tools Needed[/color][/b] [LIST] [*][b][color=#FF0000]Tool[/color][/b][/*] [/LIST] [b][color=#0000FF]Instructions[/color][/b] [LIST=1] [*]Step1[/*] [*]Step2[/*] [*]Step3[/*] [/LIST]
Edited by computerxpds, 03 April 2015 - 09:11 AM.