Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

99% Percent of Disk Space Used?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shellfish101

shellfish101

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:36 PM

I have a relatively new computer.  Bought it last fall.  It has windows 8.  Recently it has been running very slow.  Web pages run and load slow.  Sometimes the cursor, moves slower than the mouse, making it continue moving after i quit adjusting it.  I opened task manager and noticed that the Disk Space is 99% full, but I dont really see anything that looks like it should be full? I dont know if there is a virus or some other problem?  I am not terribly tech savvy, but I know enough to follow directions that I am given, if they are specific enough.  Thank you for any help or suggestions you can give.ZCIirq7.png

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GeePee29

GeePee29

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 PM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Hi

Your disk is not 99% full. What you are looking at is how busy the disk drive is.

Try shutting down Chrome and seeing if other programs run OK. If they do then you probably have picked up some bit of Malware in Chrome.

You can get rid of a lot of nasty stuff in chrome be resetting it.

Go to the "Customize and control Google Chrome" button. It is under the X button in the top right hand corner of the window.

Click on 'Settings'

at the bottom of the next screen click on 'Show advanced settings'

Then look for the 'Reset Settings' button at the bottom of the page.

#3 shellfish101

shellfish101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:55 AM

I closed chrome and the disk space changed to 14%.  I then opened chrome and reset the settings as directed.  But the disk space usage is still up at about 90%.  A little better, but still very slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users