Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My PC vs a PS4

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BoltsFan760

BoltsFan760

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:46 PM

SPECS

Windows8.1

Intel i5 3370 @ 3.1 ghz

12 GB ddr3 RAM

Nvidia GTX 770 4gb GDDR5

1TB HD

I swear I am not trolling. On a screen it looks like a decent set up, but I am having massive problems with freezing, running hot (not over heating), I am having to turn the graphic levels down to play games and I dont know why.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bahawolf

Bahawolf

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

1. What games are you having issues with?

2. Have you tried to install the latest drivers for all of your hardware?

3. Are you overclocking the hardware?

Your answers to those questions should help us to provide suggestions. :-)

By the way... this thread might have gotten more attention in this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/

Edited by Bahawolf, 06 April 2015 - 07:06 PM.

#3 IBelieveInGravity

IBelieveInGravity

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 03:50 AM

Your pc is stronger than a ps4.

But companies optimise better for ps4's than for pcs. This is because they know exactly which hardware is in the ps4, so they optimise for exactly that hardware. While in pcs people have all kinds of stuff, so they just try to make is as good as they can on average between all the pc hardware.

#4 malynensi

malynensi

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:53 AM

honest opinion is that the PC is stronger for that use. 

#5 Natasha4rawlings

Natasha4rawlings

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:18 AM

A pc can never beat a PlayStation when it boils down to active gaming... The Sony PlayStation was specifically built to handle the gaming heat... The processors are not the same in anyway... You should slow down on the type of games you install ... If your computer is freezing, go for lower quality games or get a gaming console

#6 anajames

anajames

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:14 AM

Your PC is definitely a good machine for the purpose, but i would always prefer a PS4

#7 KZ91820

KZ91820

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

I personally like game console entertainment. There's nothing like sitting in your favorite chair using a wireless controller. To me PC game play seems like too much work and I wouldn't enjoy it. The only thing I played online with a PC was Sims back in the day, but it really was more like human chatting, more so than game play itself.

So....PS4 gets my vote!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users