Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total Newbie

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Spyingonme

Spyingonme

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:14 AM

Hey everyone
Well the main reason I joined this site was because I need to find out how much a person can find out about someone and what they have been doing.

Is it possible to look at conversations they may of had?

Get into an email address without knowing the password?

I know cookies tell you where the person has been but what else can this comp tell you about the last user?

Paranoia is a bad thing lol

I do need to learn about computers and what to do when something goes wrong which is the other reason for joining.

Spyingonme

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Starbuck

Starbuck

'r Brudiwr

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,149 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 10:38 AM

Posted Image Spyingonme
If you want to find out how to fix your computer when it goes wrong, or want to know how to prevent things going wrong.... your in the right place.
As for the other things..... are you trying to prevent someone hacking your computer, or are you trying to hack someones computer?
If this is the case.... i doubt you will find any answers on this site.

Edited by Starbuck, 01 July 2006 - 10:40 AM.

BBPP6nz.png

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 02 July 2006 - 03:49 PM

Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Spyingonme

Spyingonme
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the welcome.

If someone was living with you and sharing your computer would they be able to get access to your emails without having to use the password is what I really need to know.Also how much your history and cookies etc reveals about what you have been doing on the comp.

I am not doing anything wrong I just want to know if this person is able to do what I asked,it's a really horrible feeling to have your privacy invaded and it's wrong.

Thanks again.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 03 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

If everything is password protected, you should be OK.
Just make sure they don't have access to your passwords.
If in doubt, change your passwords.

Also how much your history and cookies etc reveals about what you have been doing on the comp.

Just about everything.

It would help to clear your cookies, temporary files, and history, before logging off the computer:
Open IE.
Click Tools.
Select Internet Options.
Click the General tab.
Click the Delete Files button.
When the box opens, put a check in Delete All Offline Content.
Click OK.
Click Delete Cookies.
Click OK.
Click Clear History.
Click Yes.

Also disabling AutoComplete will help.
(Here is where you can choose what information you want to use AutoComplete for.)
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on Tools.
Click on Internet Options...

In the box that opens, click the Content tab.
In the Personal information section, at the bottom, click the AutoComplete... button.
Under Use AutoComplete for, uncheck all 3 entries.
Click the Clear Forms button.
Click the Clear Passwords button.
Click OK.
Click OK.

Edited by tg1911, 03 July 2006 - 11:05 AM.

MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users