Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Publisher 0 kb Jpeg files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tkenny74

tkenny74

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:34 AM

I work for a company that does some in-house advertising and they use Microsoft Publisher 2013 on a Surface Pro 3 with Windows 8.1 Professional (64 bit version).  When they save their ads, they need to save them as a Jpeg on the highest resolution (300 DPI).  Recently they have been getting 0 kb jpeg files when they save it.  I have checked and they don't have any add-ons or macros running, and this even happens when they save in safe mode.  I have not come across any fixes at this point other then lowering the resolution and trying to run Publisher in safe mode, and neither of which is a viable fix for me at this point.  Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,757 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:09 PM

Forgive me if I am about to say something stupid, but if you wish to save work in Publisher as a .JPG don't you need to 'Export . . ' rather than 'Save as' . I know this is the case for several packages I use if I want something more generic than their native file format.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 tkenny74

tkenny74
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:37 AM

Forgive me if I am about to say something stupid, but if you wish to save work in Publisher as a .JPG don't you need to 'Export . . ' rather than 'Save as' . I know this is the case for several packages I use if I want something more generic than their native file format.

Chris Cosgrove

Chris,

Interesting thought but I just tried that and there was no change.  You can do either.  When you go to select "Save as" you can change the format and resolution where you would normally change the name and the location that it is being saved to.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,045 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

This is for PowerPoint but see if editing the registry for Publisher works. I would create a restore point before doing it.

http://www.motifolio.com/tips2.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users