Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pesky Program Won't Let Me Delete It Or Block It

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Tsunamico

Tsunamico

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:22 AM

I was surfing the net, and Norton popped up a program control window telling me that "pndsregs.exe is attempting to connect to a DNS server." It recommended blocking on all ports. I hit OK. Three seconds later the same message popped up. After blocking the same thing several times, I manually configured the blocking rule. It still pops up every few seconds asking me to block the program.

I asked a friend at school about it, and he said to google the application. I typed it in and found a site similar to this one, and they were telling someone to locate and delete "C:\windows\system32\pndsregs.exe". So I went and searched up the file name. I found the file right away, but when I tried to delete it, I got the following message "cannot delete pndsregs: access is denied make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currntly in use"

How do I delete this pain-in-the-neck program?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:52 AM

I found a good reference to this here, which describes it as being a adware.ZenoSearch. I did a search on that and found an article at Symantic Securities, which if you are not falliliar makes Norton, which has more information, and can be seen here.

Edited by dc3, 01 July 2006 - 02:53 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users