Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with booting Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Resply

Resply

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 02:39 PM

Hello, I've got a problem with Windows 8.1. Few weeks ago my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15r) started having problems with booting, after the windows loading screen, it took up to 15 minutes to show me the password screen (does anyone know how to fix it?), and even though it took time, I didn't mind that. When I disabled the password, it boots up quicly, but part of the screen on the right (where it'd open the sidebar thing) is not usable, the taskbar there isn't showing and I can't even create the password, because all the things that are the Windows 8 'apps' (PC settings, screen where I'd be able to create a password, even start!) are just a black screen.
I tried to create the password in the safe mode, but all it's showing is a black screen with coursor that blinks every time I move it.
HELP? Can I even fix it without formatting my laptop?

(I'm attaching a picture of my desktop with the right side not usable)

Attached Files

Edited by Resply, 01 April 2015 - 02:40 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thisisu

thisisu

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,525 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 PM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

I don't have a Windows 8.1 OS but here are some links may help:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/desktop-tutorial

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/use-the-taskbar

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:46 AM

Hi Resply :)

Let's get more information on your system before proceeding to the troubleshooting.

3Al62Pm.pngMiniToolBox
  • Download MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;
  • Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:
    • Flush DNS;
    • Report IE Proxy Settings;
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings;
    • Report FF Proxy Settings;
    • Reset FF Proxy Settings;
    • List content of Hosts;
    • List Installed Programs;
    • List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;
    • List Devices - Only Problems;
    • List Users, Partitions and Memory size;
      B8oLpa3.png
  • Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;
  • Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;
sUc2qjf.pngAutoruns - Start-up Entries
Follow the instructions below to give me an Autoruns log containing your start-up entries:
  • Download Autoruns.zip from the Sysinternals Suite webpage;
  • Extract the content of the Autoruns.zip folder where you want, then go in the folder, right-click on Autoruns.exe and select Run as Administrator;
  • Accept the EULA on opening, then wait for all the entries to load;
  • Click on File then Save and save the file to a location easily accessible;
  • Go on ge.tt and upload the Autoruns file you saved;
  • Once done, post the download URL of your uploaded file in your next reply;

Edited by Aura., 06 April 2015 - 08:47 AM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#4 Resply

Resply
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 10:52 AM

Hi Aura!

I've managed to create a password to my laptop through Command Prompt, and now it works as it worked before (have to wait ~10 minutes to enter password).

My startup entries are here, and I'm attatching the MiniToolBox results.

Thanks

Attached Files

#5 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,468 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

After looking through your logs it appears you have a program installed call KMspico.

KMSpico is a known piece of software commonly used to activate illegal versions of Windows and other programs requiring a license.

If you would like to continue receiving help you will have to uninstall that software as we at BleepingComputer will not assist in the use of pirated software.

sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat too! |

#6 Resply

Resply
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

Oh, I didn't know, my brother fixed up (formatted and 'updated to the new windows') my laptop last year. I guess I'll be formatting anyway

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,540 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

If you plan on formatting, I guess there's no need to work on fixing this issue or?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#8 Resply

Resply
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:56 AM

Since you can't help me, there's no need.

Thanks anyway

#9 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,540 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

No problem, good luck with the reinstallation :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users