Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't get Vista 64 SP1 to load

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kuvasz

Kuvasz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:17 PM

So my HD crashed. I had a full retail version of Vista (32 and 64) that I had picked up from the MS store a few years back. I used it to install on my new HDD. (Vista Ultimate 64) I've registered it. It was new in box and had the accompanying product code. I've updated and updated and updated. I thought it was finished.

Today I got the SP1 availability notice in update. I have tried several times to get it. Each time it runs thought the process and says it installed but it hasn't. The log says it has installed correctly 6 times. How do I get it to install so I can complete this rebuild????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 AM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:46 PM

To close this out....

I did a manual install of SP1. Also a manual install of SP2 and all seems to be working as designed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users