Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS Business Manager Software causes 4 UAC in Standard User Accounts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 simrick

simrick

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 PM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:14 AM

HI.

I've got an ASUS desktop model BM1AE, W7ProSP1-64bit. It comes with the ASUS Business Manager program installed. Basically this is just an interface for backups, restore, checking for BIOS and other updates, etc. Here's my problem: I set up one Administrative user and two Standard users. For some reason, every time I log into a standard user account, 4 UACs pop up, all related to this Business Manager software:

1. Tool to handle application key-ASUS

2. Power Management - background - ASUS

3. BackgroundWindow-ASUS

4. SecureDeleteBackground-ASUS

I contacted ASUS support, and the person told me to update the software, which I did, from the link he gave me, but, it made no difference. I have since contacted them again several times, and these support people are no help. They seem to think that I should either change the user accounts to Administrative, or change permissions somehow, but they don't know how.

I kind of like the possibility of just opening up this software to check for BIOS and other updates related exactly to my machine, rather than going hunting for it online, so I'd rather not uninstall it if there is a solution. But, changing the user accounts from standard to administrative is not an option.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2015 - 01:11 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users