Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB devices disconnecting watching YouTube videos

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 disco3487

disco3487

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:13 PM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:35 AM

I recently replaced my mobo and processor (MSI h81m-e33, i5-4590) and I noticed this morning that my usb devices keep disconnecting and reconnecting randomly. It has happened a few times outside of but mainly during watching a youtube video. During writing this post, I've had twitch.tv on the other screen and the keyboard has disconnected twice. Maybe it has something to do with streaming videos? But just yesterday I did not have this problem. If no videos present, no disconnection issues.

On another note, my mouse and headset receiver won't work on my mobo usb ports only the case ones. When i plug the keyboard up to the case usb ports, no problems. 

The mobo also does the same disconnecting issues with my desktop speakers while watching videos.

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2015 - 11:01 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,978 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

See if disabling USB selective suspend helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/147369-usb-selective-suspend-turn-off.html

Edited by hamluis, 01 April 2015 - 01:45 PM.

#3 disco3487

disco3487
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Disabled and still disconnecting during streaming. Also, I have to use the case USB for my headset receiver and mouse because the mobo USB doesn't even recognize them. Maybe that has something to do with it as well? 

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,978 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

Try the steps here in order. Method #3 usually solves the issue. First remove all USB devices except mouse and keyboard.

#5 disco3487

disco3487
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:42 PM

None of that worked, I'm starting to think my 2nd brand new mobo is fubar'd

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,978 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

You can confirm if this is a hardware problem by downloading a linux distro like Fatdog64 based on Puppy. Burn the iso and boot. See if your USB devices disconnect. I do not remember if it includes flash to watch videos but you can select the HTML5  version of youtube here and watch videos with Fatdog. See if your USB devices disconnect.

Fatdog64-700.iso

Do you get disconnects when in safe mode?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users