Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard not working!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bumby6962

Bumby6962

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

Right now I'm using a USB keyboard plugged into my laptop because of the the laptop malfunction.
The laptop is a Dell N5050 and the OS is Win 7 Ultimate and the problem is as follows: The letters Q W & E won't work and the tiny light indicating Cap Lock On does not light. Everything I've tried has accomplished nothing. The drivers are up to date as far as I can determine and no Malware or AV program has found or fixed anything. Is there any way to remove and reload the keyboard program?
Step by step please, cause I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Thanks, Bumby

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 April 2015 - 08:23 AM.
moved from Windows 7 to Internal Hardware

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

Sometimes keyboards go bad. A laptop keyboard can be replaced.

If you decide to replace it you will need one for your specific model.

You can replace yourself if you are brave or get a computer tech to do it for you.

There are videos on You Tube which will show you how to replace it.

Maybe someone else will offer something you can try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users