A friend of mine has asked me to take a look at his Acer L3600 (a small compact computer). The current problem is that the fans power on, but nothing else seems to be working.
Here's a small list of problems that I've discovered that don't seem normal:
- When you plug in the power (external power source that look like a laptop charger), the computer automatically powers on.
- No HDD light appears to turn on.
- I can't turn the power on/off via the power button on the front. As mentioned above, it just turns on automatically when it has power available.
- CD drive doesn't "suck in" disc when putting one in.
What I've tried:
- Removing the RAM to see if the computer makes a beep noise (it doesn't).
- Using different screens/cords to see if it was an external problem with the computer.
- Changed HDD and SATA cable to see maybe if the HDD was the problem.
After all this I disconnected the fans and turned the computer on. Nothing seemed to be working. The CPU wouldn't run hot, the HDD didn't sound like it was spinning.
Does this indicate a motherboard problem, power supply problem, or something else?
Any help would be appreciated.