Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Software for creating 'Infoboxes'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ProfoundUsername

ProfoundUsername

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hello, there!

Starting up a website, and am beginning to make my own images. Something inparticular I'm having difficulty with is making something I call an, 'Infobox' though this may not be the correct term.

Here is an example of one labelled, 'Disyllables':

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foot_%28prosody%29

I have also seen some in an almost spreadsheet style of format, though I am unable to conjure an example....

Hoping there is a free software program, or online tool I have overlooked

Thank you, kindly in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Martel

Martel

Drfixup Human Internet Solutions

• Members
  • 1,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:25 PM

Could you show more examples. I think I know what you mean.

#3 simALITY

simALITY

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:51 AM

Any design software worth its salt can create an infobox.  The tricky part is learning how to use the software and having the results look the same (or close enough) in all three major browsers.  

In the end, I found it easier to just write my own code.

For the type of infobox on the wikipedia page, I would use a combination of HTML and CSS.  The HTML would give the box "structure" and the CSS is style.  

As for learning CSS, I found O'Reilly's "CSS the missing manual" to be an invaluable primer and w3 schools (google it) to be an excellent resource for specific methods and tags.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users