Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE 11 Extremely Slow in Loading Pages - No Identifable Reason

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:24 PM

About 72 hours ago, Internet Explorer 11 began having serious difficulties in loading pages. Pages take often 30 some seconds or more, especially if if I am switching from one page to another (like here to Wikipedia). On a few occasions, the pages won't load at all, only to load when I attempt it once again.

I have both Chrome and Firefox on this machine as well, and neither have this problem whatsoever. So it does not appear that it is an internet issue at all. This make sense, as I didn't fiddle with any settings at all before this problem started, excepting that the only thing that could possibly have changed is that I restarted my router and cable modem. But I retained the same IP address and no settings on the modem have been altered.

How should I go about tackling this issue and what other information do you need from me?

I am running Windows 7 Home and I'm on a 50/5 mbps connection on a desktop connected wirelessly.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:32 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:49 PM

I know it may not "define" the issue for you exactly, but it could very well solve it.

How to reset Internet Explorer

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

Sometimes the DNS servers just flatline. If you have a router it's likely pulling the ISP DNS. Some newer routers have 3 fields to enter DNS. You could enter your ISP's two DNS manually and then last field enter Googles DNS 8.8.8.8, or 8.8.4.4. That way after the failure it'll resolve through Googles servers.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:29 PM

How is that relevant in a case where two browsers work correctly but one does not?

#5 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

How is that relevant in a case where two browsers work correctly but one does not?

If you have a failed DNS's, one browser may be loading from cache and the other is not. If there was a third DNS the one browser with no cache would use the third DNS instead of just failing to load.

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

I think you're off down the wrong path mate. The addresses are resolving, but the data is not loading correctly in the browser.

Could be a variety of reasons... easiest to just reset the browser as it is established it is not a system-wide issue.

Edited by TsVk!, 31 March 2015 - 08:02 PM.

#7 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 09:48 PM

Well I just thought that there might be some DNS issue going on working with 3 different types of browsers. IE: one going through a proxy or something. I got ya though. :thumbup2: Maybe outdated IE or malware targeting IE browser itself. Hard to say.

#8 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:36 AM

The IE 11 reset did not seem to work for all sites. Some sites (such as this site) are running much faster, whereas others (like Wikipedia) are not.

#9 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 01:44 AM

Wiki is notoriously slow from time to time.... any other sites misbehaving?

#10 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hmm that's strange usually IE is faster considering that they have a 64bit version of IE.

#11 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2015 - 02:47 AM

Wiki is notoriously slow from time to time.... any other sites misbehaving?

Multiple sites are still misbehaving:

Yahoo search

Youtube

Wikipedia

Gmail

My professional email

Dailymail.co.uk

Speedtest.net

Some sites load faster than others, but it appears a lot are being problematic.

I also do not have IE on my Add/Remove programs page, which is exceedingly odd as it is installed and functioning (poorly).

Edited by DrSatanDracula, 02 April 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#12 DrSatanDracula

DrSatanDracula
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

So, I am still having this problem and I have no idea how to resolve it.

I am espeically troubled by the fact that I can't even uninstall IE. What can I do to try to wipe IE and start over again without an identifiable uninstall on the system?

#13 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:36 PM

You can't. IE is an integral element of Windows and you'll brick your PC if you try to uninstall it. You could revert to IE10 as we have seen users have problems with IE11.

#14 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

You could revert to IE10 as we have seen users have problems with IE11.

Very good idea.

Try System (or System & Security)/Windows Update/View Update History/Installed Updates.
Go down the list, Find IE11 and uninstall it. Your system should revert back to the prior installed version.

Even with IE10, you might still have issues... you may need to go back to 9.

#15 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,468 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:23 AM

I should of asked if you have recent Microsoft updates. Especially .Net Framework it's up to 4.5 now. Not having that up to date and still being on 2.0 and 3.0 can cause all kinds of problems.

Edited by technonymous, 04 April 2015 - 04:25 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users