Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

high CPU usage Svchost.exe dcomlaunch / PlugPlay service

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dblaron419

dblaron419

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:32 PM

I am having trouble with my Win7 HTPC.  I have found that when playing back media it would occasionally 'blip' when playing back videos due to the CPU usage being momentarily higher.  I restarted the computer and it was fine, until the the computer went to sleep do the inactivity, then the problem would resurface.  If the computer was restarted again, the problem goes away, until it goes to sleep and the problem will then repeat itself.  

I narrowed down the issue to being svchost.exe having having higher CPU usage relating to services PlugPlay/Power in the DcomLaunch group.  Does anyone know why this would happen only after resuming from sleep mode?  The only thing that has been different about the computer was I recently installed a new video card.  

Thank you for your assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:23 PM

You may need to update to the latest video drivers from the manufacturers page. Plug and play may be detecting your card and trying to "help" it.

#3 dblaron419

dblaron419
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:57 AM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:01 AM

Thank you for your response.  I installed the latest drivers and software from the Mmanufactuers web site, and this did not help and the issue presents itself the same way as before (no issue upon boot, issues after resuming from sleep mode).

Edited by dblaron419, 04 April 2015 - 11:01 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users