Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue screen on startup?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lunaecIair

lunaecIair

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

Last night my computer froze and so i had to do a cold reboot, it came back onto windows fine however my mouse and keyboard wouldn't work. I checked the wiring and it was all okay so i did another cold reboot and everytime my computer would try get passed the dell sign it would blue screen. It is almost impossible to catch the error code as the blue screen goes away before it is able to show it. Automatic repair couldn't fix it and ive done a system restore and refresh which both got me into windows but as soon as i restarted i got the same boot problem again. Any ideas on what this may be? 

I havent downloaded anything recently and my last update i did would of been a week or two ago. Help anyone?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:24 PM

Boot into the Advanced Boot Options.

With the computer off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue until the Advanced Boot Options open.  You will see an image similar to the one below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png 

You will need to use the up or down keys to navigate the pointer where you want it to be, the press Enter to make the selection.

Choose Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Restart the computer and tell me what happens.

With the computer off, press the power button and open the Advanced Boot Options again, then choose Safe Mode.  

Does the problem persist when you boot into Safe Mode?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 lunaecIair

lunaecIair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Boot into the Advanced Boot Options.

With the computer off, press the power button and immediately start tapping the F8 key and continue until the Advanced Boot Options open.  You will see an image similar to the one below.

abow7_zpsc072f26e.png

You will need to use the up or down keys to navigate the pointer where you want it to be, the press Enter to make the selection.

Choose Disable automatic restart on system failure.

Restart the computer and tell me what happens.

With the computer off, press the power button and open the Advanced Boot Options again, then choose Safe Mode.  

Does the problem persist when you boot into Safe Mode?

Sadly yes the problem still persists and I have found out that the error code on the blue screen is 'INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE' . 

#4 lunaecIair

lunaecIair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:56 PM

Now my computer can't even get to the automatic repair screen. It will say its about to load it and then the screen will go black and wont do anything no matter how long you leave it for therefore you have to hard reset. What do I do now?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2015 - 09:21 AM

I must apologize.  I hadn't recognized that this topic was posted in the Windows 8 forum.  The F8 method of opening the Advanced Boot Options will not work in Windows 8/8.1.

What is the make and model of this computer?

Do you have all of your important data backed up on removable media, such as an external hdd, flash drive, DVDs or CDs, etc.?

Do you have the installation disc for this version of Windows?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 lunaecIair

lunaecIair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

My computer is a Dell Inspiron xps 8700 . 

I have most of my media backed up as I can now and again get into windows by doing system restores however it doesnt last for long. My computer will keep disabling the keyboard and mouse and as soon as you reset it you will get blue screens again. I do not have an installation disc nor do i even have a working disc drive. I doubt my computer can be fixed now as it only seems to get worse.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:27 PM

Did this computer come with Windows 8 installed on it?

#8 lunaecIair

lunaecIair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:36 AM

Did this computer come with Windows 8 installed on it?

Yes it did. I've had this computer for ages now and i have had it for around a year or two now. I have never had a problem with it in the past except from the disc tray breaking. 

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,393 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

Is this Windows 8, or 8.1?

#10 lunaecIair

lunaecIair
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 08 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

Is this Windows 8, or 8.1?

It started off as 8 but i updated it to 8.1 when 8.1 came out

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users