Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle Bin / restore

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Pestyone

Pestyone

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:39 AM

Ok I turned on my Dell inspiron 3000 lap top and than was going to restore some folders from the bin that I left their last nite.     Thinking so far so good; so I right clicked on the Bin and theirs the pop up menu but theirs no  

" Restore " their as usual so how do I get the restore back onto the right click menu ? ?

And yes I can open; then highlite then restore but still want the right click restore so here for a fix - thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:31 PM

To the best of my knowledge there is no "restore" for the recycle bin. You have to double-click on it and when it opens select the files/folders you wish to recover.

#3 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:33 PM

why is my cuser all the way on the right ?

#4 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:35 PM

Weird now its back to normal.

Yes their is a right click " restore " will wait for more help . .

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:12 PM

why is my cuser all the way on the right ?

On the bottom line of BBCode (above) you clicked the last item (Align Right).

Weird now its back to normal.

You started another conversation ..... (this restored it to default)

Re your Recycle bin items:

I would try a 3rd party program, like Recuva or similar .....

#6 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

Ok what BBCode aligned that moved text to the right I don t see it .

And how does using recuva get me back my missing right click restore back ; it was on my vista; then win 7 and just went poof this morning

on this win 8.1 laptop very strange awaiting a fix ho hum . . .

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:22 AM

This topic may have a problem due to your writing and the way it was explained.

The main problem is you calling something a Bin, and it was mistaken, by your responders for the Recycle Bin.(or was this what you meant ?)

You also relate to Vista and Windows 7 which is not the same as Windows 8.1 ......

Ok I turned on my Dell inspiron 3000 lap top and than was going to restore some folders from the bin that I left their last nite.     Thinking so far so good; so I right clicked on the Bin and theirs the pop up menu but theirs no  

" Restore " their as usual so how do I get the restore back onto the right click menu ? ?

And yes I can open; then highlite then restore but still want the right click restore so here for a fix - thanks

OK. I turned on my Dell Inspiron 3000 lap top and than (then I ?) was going to restore some folders from the "bin" (What area do you mean ?) that I left their (there ?) last nite (night ?).

We did not understand your meaning of "Bin" .. Please explain carefully what you mean, and spell it correctly (theirs or there is can be confusing .)

#8 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

Ok am I the only one that has a " Recycle Bin " in the upper left corner of win 8.1 ?

I will slow this way way down ouchy and wait till some body says yes : (

Amazing how hard folks are making this fix .

#9 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,583 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

The recycle bin does appear on the desktop by default. It's location is up to the user. But more important, I still don't understand your original post.

I'm on a W8.1 system as I'm typing this. If I right click on the recycle bin a number of options appear in the context menu, none of which is "restore". Nor do I recall having seen that option in the context menu for any system or any Windows version at desktop level. The restore option would be available for the deleted items within the recycle bin (once you view the files in the bin). Is that what you mean?

Edited by Allan, 01 April 2015 - 11:28 AM.

#10 Pestyone

Pestyone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 315 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:25 PM

Wow am I the only one here that had a recycle bin from the day I got my vista; win 7 and now win 8.1 computers in the far upper left corner from the day I turned this lap top on ? ?

I did nothing to get it their and guessing I am the only one that has had a right click ; 7 items including restore for everything in the bin; ops being bad ouchy; mean recycle bin on that menu.

Guess the pc store I got  my laptops from had a bunch of free upgrades done; on the house before selling them to customers ?

#11 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:14 AM

Recover files from the Recycle Bin - Windows Help

This is about the only full answer to your question / problem (based on a Windows 7 system).

The Recycle Bin is normally used to remove unwanted programs or documents from your desktop. You Right click on them and select Delete, and the program is sent to the Recycle bin.

From there you can select to Uninstall or Reinstall the item that you have sent to the Recycle Bin (as we normally do).

I think you just explained your problem in an odd way.

P.S. You can move the Bin Icon to any area on the desktop (mine is Right hand - bottom)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users