Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost Product Key

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 jachin

jachin

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Hi, hopefully some one can help, my laptop crashed and I lost my Adobe Master Collection CS6. My problem is I don't have the product key. I have searched the net for software to try and find it. Belarc sees everything else but this product. I know there is other software out there but I'm afraid of attracting malware. Can anyone recommend a product to use which will find the key. I know it is encrypted somewhere in the registry. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mainer21

mainer21

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Try nirsoft.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

#3 jachin

jachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

Hi thanks for the prompt reply, when I tried to run it, my Malware Anti-Bytes saw Malware and quarantined it. There was another link on the site, which would recover non- Windows products, however when I tried it opened a site which I previously tried. There were two versions, one free and one you pay for. When I run the free version, it identified some of my software but not the Adobe CS6.

If anyone else can recommend any other sites, it would be greatly appreciated.

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:09 PM

I haven't tried this one myself but check it out https://recover-keys.com/

#5 jachin

jachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Hi tried this latest site, and the free version only lets you see the first 4 digits, you need to buy the program to see the rest

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 03:50 PM

Since the laptop crashed does that mean the hard drive crashed?

--- Have you installed the Adobe Master Collection CS6 on a new hard drive in your laptop or another computer that’s replacing the laptop?

--- Is the laptop hard drive still accessible?

--- A local computer shop might be able to help you out

Have you checked out Magic Jelly Bean?

--- It’s been so long since I’ve used it I don’t recall how many product keys it will report for free

#7 jachin

jachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 05:03 PM

hi, and thanks, yes the hard drive collapsed and unfortunately the data couldn't be read. I took it to a local PC shop and they confirmed it was totally corrupt. . I have tried ot install the Adobe product on the new drive but unfortunately I have mislaid the Product Key.

I have looked at jelly bean, but the free version only gives you the basic software ie Windows. I had every other product key for the software on the original hard drive.

Hopefully someone on the site has used a free version which gives you more.

Thanks again for replying.

Edited by jachin, 31 March 2015 - 05:04 PM.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,946 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 07:22 PM

If you set up an account with Adobe when you registered the software you can retrieve it using the instructions here. Adobe stores the key in the Registry but it is encrypted.

#9 jachin

jachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 03:43 AM

Thanks, I should have mentioned the issue of setting up an account with Adobe in my first thread. I tried this first but my wife who installed the program had not registered it with Adobe. This task was forgot about. Now I'm paying the price.

#10 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 04:14 AM

"I have tried ot install the Adobe product on the new drive but unfortunately I have mislaid the Product Key"

--- Does that mean you haven't been able to actually install it?

--- If that's the case then I don't see how nirsoft, belarc or that prior program that reports those 4 digits will be able to help you

--- That program that reported the first 4 digits might be starting of a generic portion of a product key but I don't see how they can find the rest of the product key if the program isn't at least installed

But in case I'm wrong

Malwarebytes quarantined the nirsoft you tried earlier 

--- Can you temporarily disable Malwarebytes and try nirsoft again?

I would try belarc one more time if that doesn't work

Did your local computer shop indicate whether or not they have a program that will find your product key?

--- It sounds to me like that application is important enough to pay to acquire the product key

#11 jachin

jachin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 06:16 AM

No, I haven't been able to install the Adobe product, I get to the install screen and it asks you for the 24 digit product key. I just have the disk but unfortunately the product key was on the cover which is now lost. I tried Belarc again and doesn't see the disk.  I'm cautious about disabling Malware bytes as in the past I have attracted malware

It looks like I will have to pay for a key finder, Jelly Bean looks the favourite as its gets good reports

Thanks for your advice.  

#12 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,615 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 07:33 AM

It will be interesting to know whether or not the product key can be found if the application can't be installed.

--- But after using Magical Jelly Bean, run Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner at a minimum

--- It's been a long time since I've used Magical Jelly Bean but back then there were unwanted programs that piggybacked along the way even though they were either unchecked, maybe didn't even have an option to uncheck I don't recall 

--- I know its a very popular program because it works so well but I've used belarc many times and never failed me yet

That said, it's still worth checking out, I know I would under the circumstances. Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users