Hi Haroon Mahmood,
If you want to partition hard drive in windows 7 then please follow the given below steps.
1. First, open the computer management tool.
2. Select the disk management option on the left side of the window. Now, you could see all the drives and their partition on your system.
3. Now, right click on the partition you want to re-size and select the shrink volume option. Then, enter the size you want to shrink your drive to in MB. Then click on the Shrink button.
4. After this, you should see a new unallocated partition in your Disk Management window. Right-click on the Unallocated partition and select the New Simple Volume option.
5. Click on the Next button in New Simple Volume Wizard to continue.
6. Now enter the size of new partition and click on next button.
7. After this, give a letter name to your new partition and click on next button.
8. Now select followinf settings for the new volume.
- Click on the Format this volume with the following settings:
- For File System, select NTFS
- For Allocation unit size, select Default
- For Volume Label, type the name you wish to give your new drive.
- Click on the Perform a quick format
- Then click on the Next button
9. Click on the Finish button.
10. After that a popup will ask you to partition your new drive. Click on the Format disk button. A new window will popup. Keep the settings and click on the Start button, then a warning will popup. And click on the OK button.
11. Now you could see a new partition in your disk management window.
I hope these steps will help you.