Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie - Have A Question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sandra1960

Sandra1960

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:53 PM

The "run" under "start" has disappeared off of my pc. For 2 days, I was also missing "turn off computer". I'm using the "start menu" on xp, not the classic. The "turn off Computer" button suddenly reappeared today, but the "run" is still missing. Under "start" where it says "help" and "search" run was underneath search. I'm not real pc savvy. I have the programs mcaffee spyware, and sbc yahoo online protection suite, Spybot, ad-aware professional. I also have noticed some kind of funky program "windows explorer.taskmanager", and something about "firewall disable". :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hi Sandra1960

Does anything happen when you press the 'WindowsLogo' key - between ctrl and Alt at the bottom left of your keyboard??

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users