Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error On Uninstalling Nero 7

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:52 PM

I have recently re-formatted my media center and i chose the option to not erase the files that are in the "C:" file. so all my programs are still there but when i tried to open my Nero 7 Premium, it told me to re-install the program. So i tried to re-install the program but when it reaches to a point it gives an error message (contact me for an image) saying "Fatal Error: Installation corrupted - please reinstall NERO". So thinking that it is only saying this b/c there are remains of "Nero" i went to the search tool and deleted all the crap the has to do with "Nero" except the ones in the Window's folder (didn't want to mess with that). i have tried and tried but nothing is succesful. i really want to use the program Nero 7. CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP ME!?

Edited by -=Jē=-, 30 June 2006 - 08:54 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bandaid1968

bandaid1968

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:40 AM

if you have the original disc for nero put it in your cdrom and let load it will then ask if you want modify or uninstall choose to uninstall wehn finished uninstalling reboot your pc then try reinstalling nero that should take care of the problem i had a simalar situation not too long ago and it worked for me

#3 pascor22234

pascor22234

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 01 July 2006 - 04:33 PM

You didn't "reformat", you "reinstalled" the OS. Reformatting a disk volume wipes out all the files that were there.

All the programs that you previously installed need to be reinstalled. Reinstalling the OS deletes all the files in the \Windows\ folder and loses all the Registry settings from the previously installed applications.

Some of your apps may be "smart" in that they check the \Program Files\ folder for any saved settings and uses them when that app is reinstalled. But, most programs aren't smart.

#4 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2006 - 09:40 PM

Truly, thanks a lot. i understand more of it, but is there anyway i can save my program Nero 7? and i dont have the installment cd, just the serial key, but i can get a trial version on the internet cant i? then afterwards type in my serial key. like i said before, i tried to uninstall the program but it just gives my an error msg that i need to uninstall the previous nero program first. one thing, i never installed a previous nero program. (not that i know of). so can i save my program or im i just f**ked?!

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 02 July 2006 - 10:51 PM

one thing, i never installed a previous nero program.

This leads me to wonder if your Nero 7 was included in the software bundled with the computer - and if re-installing "over the top" just messed things up. I suppose that you could try to download Nero 7 Premium and see if your key works with it - but often bundled software isn't the same as retail software.

If you have data that you want to keep, you really need to start backing it up off the computer. It's much better to do a format and clean install and then re-install your data if you wish, or simply use it from CD's.

If your hard drive fails, and all hard drives will fail, you will lose what you don't have backed up.

You can also back up things like address books, favorites (bookmarks) and programs you download from the internet so that they can be re-installed.

#6 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 01:11 PM

Thank you everyone for the help. i will be more cautious and back-up my hard-drive and then reformat everthing. ty... peace

#7 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 10 July 2006 - 05:33 PM

I do not know if this will work with Nero 7.0 but it does with Nerro 4.0 If it does work it might save you from doing a full re-install of Windows

Somebody spoke to Nero tech support on safe mode boot problem. They said that Nero Incd 4300, 4303 has a major bug which prevents a lot of computers from booting into safe mode. Tech support said to go back to older version of Incd and a fix will be in the next update. Tech support said all their computers tested had this problem and a lot of people were calling.

download this little tool and it will remove all traces ,including Registry
Of any 3 third party CD software (as in ...(Incd)

http://aumha.org/downloads/cdgone.zip

It's called CDGone ,then after you run it reboot ,what will happen is
the device manager will find new hardware (which is your CD-ROM)
don't be alarmed...Just keep clicking next ,till you click finish.

#8 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2006 - 10:55 PM

i saw the warnings for that and they didn't convince me that it was safe. b/c i don't know a lot about computers and i don't want to go hassle myself. so instead, is there some other good and reliable program like Nero that i can buy?

#9 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:26 PM

Before you put on another burning program you have to get Nero off your computer. Outside of that program that you do not want to run there is only one way that I know of and that is editing the registry. If you do not know how to do that you should have a qualified tech agent do it. $$$$$

#10 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:22 PM

Hi ... If you purchase Nero 7 and want to uninstall it ? You can go to Nero tech support site and ask them for their "Nero clean tool 7" program which will remove all trace of Nero 7

#11 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:36 PM

What did you use to reinstall Windows?

#12 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:23 PM

i just used the reformat thing. like when i always start up my computer, the HP logo come up and gives me an option for like 5 secs if i wanna reformat it, to press F10 or somtihng like that. thats wat i did and it just cleaned up my computer but didnt erase my programs. well, some did and i had to re-install it but not itunes and other programs.

#13 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2006 - 11:24 PM

and ty snooker, i will definitely look that up.

#14 -=Jē=-

-=Jē=-
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

SNOOKER!!!! IT WORKED!! lol, thank you everyone soooo much for helping me out especially u SNOOKER. haha, ty ty ty ty ty ty ty very very very much~!!! it worked and i have nero 7 premium up and running again! Thank you everyone, i wish i can pay u guys back somehow. man this site is the best!! sooooo goooood!! who ever made this site is a genius!!!! :thumbsup: keep up the excellent work!!!!

#15 snooker

snooker

• Members
  • 89 posts
  •  

Posted 28 July 2006 - 09:38 PM

Hey ...You're welcome , Glad it work out lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users