Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell Inspiron One 2020 Non-Touch Screen Replacement

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jayson201

Jayson201

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

My mother recently gave my sister in law her old All-in-One under the guise that "Oh I'm sure Jayson can fix it"
While I'm sure I can, I've never replaced a screen that didn't just go into a window. I'm also sure it'll be a great learning experience, there are just two small problems.
The screen doesn't turn on, and from what I've seen online, thats a common problem. The other one is, I can't hook up a second monitor to make sure thats the only problem. 
That being said, the only way I can find out is by the process of elimination. By googling Inspiron One 2020 I could only find ONE replacement screen, the Samsung LTM200KT10, and I'm not even sure thats what belongs in this pc. The other problem is they're anywhere from 120 to 200 $ with a 45-70$ Shipping fee (from what i've seen so far)

I don't know much about it because my brother and his wife didn't remember what my mother told them about it, but what I can figure is that it's DEFINITELY A Pentium, probably a 2030T, 4GB of RAM, maybe a 1 TB hard drive, and it runs Windows 8. 
I know not having much to go on doesn't help you guys, but I would really appreciate any help I can get. Even if it's just confirmation that THAT LCD will work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:09 AM

This looks like a pretty good site for removal instructions. You could at least take it apart to get the part number directly off the faulty screen. While you're in there, look for loose connections, pinched/broken cables etc.

Maybe someone else has a method for testing a bare screen. I'd be interested in that too......

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#3 Jayson201

Jayson201
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 12:20 AM

Thank you much! Will have a good look tomorrow when I've got job. If my sister in law wont pay for the screen maybe i'll sell it! :D

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:25 PM

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:32 PM

Try going back to Dell, I've had good luck getting older display elements from them for their older laptops.  And the parts are guarenteed to work. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users