Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pc Won't Start

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Draagoon

Draagoon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 AM

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:44 PM

Pleeese HELP, I have bought a new mobo, CPU, Power supply, ram, and case. With just the Power supply CPU and mobo hooked up I get nothing. I tried a different Power supply shorted the on switch still nothing but a green light on the mobo when power is turned on no fans no beeps. This nightmare all started with a blue screen problem that has me changing all parts out and still nothing with all new stuff. Are there jumpers and settings on the mobo I'm missing? For all that's right and decent in the world PLEEASE HELP!

Brad

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Draagoon

Draagoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:50 PM

Ausus P4P800SE mobo, 450Watt PS, P4 3.0GHz

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 11:52 AM

A couple of thoughts: Read the manually carefully. Be sure you have followed correctly.

Unplug hard drive, optical drives, floppy drives. Now see if the computer will at least get past the POST and start looking for the hard drive. If it does, then plug in one item at a time and repeat.

Make SURE the motherboard is not shorting out on the computer case. Did you install the stand offs before installing the mobo? You can even remove the mobo from the case, making sure the CPU, CPU fan, and RAM is installed, plug it into the power supply and try when out of the case.

Look carefully at the pins on the CPU. Did you bend one?

Is the RAM seated all the way and is it compatable with the mobo?
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 Draagoon

Draagoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

I have read the manual seem to be set up correctly. Only have mobo, power supply and CPU plugged in. CPU fits good no bent pins and orientation is correct. Using all standoffs see no shorting. Ram out for now but is PC3200DDR. Still when I turn power switch on on the power supply all I get is a green light on the mobo using case power switch nothing and no case lights no fans no power supply fan nothing. are there any voltage reading I should take?? are there jumpers I might be missing. Thanks for your help so far,Albert I thought this was going to be somewhat easy. I guess I was mistaken.

Brad

#5 Draagoon

Draagoon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

Well after further review I noticed I bought a P4 775 socket power supply and I have a P4 478 mobo I guess I missed that spec. Now it starts but shuts off after 5 secs I'm guessing because I have no heatsink and fan on the CPU yet. will attach and try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users