Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavillion dv9000 base software

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Kuvasz

Kuvasz

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 30 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

My HD crashed and no, I didn't back it up. I installed new drive and fresh load of Vista 64. (I actually like Vista) it is updating as we speak. What I need to know is where to get all of the stuff HP put on it when they built it. Right now the cd drive works but the remote control doesn't nor does the wireless. I know some of the SW that HP installs from the factory is intrusive, but I'd really like to put this thing back to as new condition.

Where can I get this base load HP software?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:11 PM

Here you go.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dv9000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/1842187/model/1842188/drivers

#3 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

When I try to open that page is comes up with an IE error and aborts. I'm still updating windows. Is that the problem? I should just wait?

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:59 PM

That is interesting. I would update Windows first. If IE still fails on the page then install another browser like Firefox or Chrome. See if you can download.  I believe you will need to update to IE11 as Microsoft is ending support in Jan 2016 for previous versions but you need to update to Windows 7 SP1 if you are not there already in order to install it.

http://redmondmag.com/articles/2014/08/07/support-policy-for-ie.aspx

#5 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 07:19 PM

Well, I'm fully updated on windows. IE still won't open the HP page. I have been unable to DL Chrome. It gives me a page warning the when I accept for download it just sits and spins. Any ideas?

#6 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

I am not sure you are having these problems after a clean install. What kind of page warning is given. What are you using for an Antivirus. The Chrome installer is a stub installer. Try the alternate installer here.

For IE make sure protected mode is turned off when downloading the alternate Chrome installer.

#7 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

Yes, this is a fresh install of VISTA 64 Ultimate. Brand new WD 1tb drive and a brand new disc set of VISTA. Windows update says its fully updated but...... I am now getting, with your last link, and error that my IE is out of date. I'm guessing version 8? I can't seem to get it to update to 9. it says 32/64 bit not supported.

Any suggestions?

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 10:12 AM

I gave some wrong information. The last supported version of IE for Vista is IE9. Is that the version  you currently have. If not you can download the standalone version here.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/08/07/microsoft_old_ie_end_of_support/

I would advise a different browser especially because IE9 will no longer be supported after Jan 2016. Vista will no longer be supported with Security updates after April 11, 2017.

#9 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 04:14 PM

This is the message I get:

'Internet explorer can not open the Internet site

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/internet-explorer-9-detail

s. aspx

Operation Aborted"

Still unable to load from any of the links you supplied.

Ideas?

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2015 - 06:38 PM

Do you get an error accessing any webpage? Download the Chrome standalone installer on another computer and copy it to a flash drive then install on your Vista computer.

#11 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 09:58 AM

It has happened on other web pages, but a reload of the page usually clears it. Its only happened 2 or 3 times. I only have Mac as another computer. Not sure I can DL the stand alone to a flash frive with it.

#12 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 10:16 AM

Starting to get this on a lot of web pages now. I'm going to attempt to erase Vista 64 and load Vista 32.

#13 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 11:24 AM

I might need to take this elsewhere but, seems I was NOT fully updated. Everytime I open update there has been a ton of stuff to do. I've done it all. Today I got the SP1 download avalibility. I've tried 3 times and the logs says it intalled correctly all three times. Seems it has NOT actually installed. It asks for accetance which I give click next then it comes up saying it installed. Any ideas?

#14 Kuvasz

Kuvasz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 12:03 PM

More info......

I was able to get Chrome by installing Google Earth with Chrome. The HP link you gave still doesn't work.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,441 posts
  •  

Posted 01 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

I am not sure what is going on. This was a clean install on a blank drive? Does this computer have the nvidia graphics chipset? There was a class-action suit on the dv9000 with that chipset. Overheating caused MB problems.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/hp-pavilion-dv9000-class-action-lawsuit-motherboard-issues/td-p/1098327

Edited by JohnC_21, 01 April 2015 - 05:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users